Kiddo78

Monday, September 19, 2005

Happy Birthday, Bloggie

My blog tuurned one year old on Saturday. Crazy!

It all started with PlanetDan's montage of bad senior pictures. I received it as an email forward from a friend of mine who said, "I'm pretty sure you're the one who wrote this..." Then I started reading Dan's blog a lot and enjoyed the comments section. Then I started looking at HotBabe's and Stacy's blogs too. Soon I joined the party. My first post was written on a Friday night at my old apartment in Rochester, MN - home of the infamous Mayo Clinic.

In the past year, I got fired from old company and found a job in the Twin Cities, then moved to Minneapolis. Lost that job as well and took a job with another firm, which let me go for suspicious reasons, then started current job - which is going much better than the last two.

I turned 27.

I've had countless bad dates and other disappointments in that arena.

My car died and I had to start driving a '92 Cadillac.

The blog that is most often visited via Google searching is about the popular Minneapolis drag queen, Roxy Marquis.

The most comments I've received (22), I think, was after getting fired this past June. Maybe because the title had the F-Bomb in it.?.

I went to North Dakota - the extent of my travels during the past year. Pretty sad.

I slapped one person. A slow year.

Well, here's to another fun-filled year of documenting a story that would otherwise go untold. And probably rightfully so.

9 Comments:

  • Happy anniversary Kiddo!
    I have some serious catching up to do with your blog. I have been slacking off in my blog commenting....

    By Blogger denverco, at 3:03 PM  

  • Happy birthday to Kiddo's blog! For the record, you started your's a few weekks before I started mine. Seems like just yesterday you had me terrified of staying in a hotel...

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:43 PM  

  • Congrats Kiddo! Wow, that was quite a year, a lot of major changes happening. May your next year be as dramatic! Cheers!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 4:50 PM  

  • Happy happy happy blog-birthday. What a year! One of my favorites was your where are they now Goonies post.

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:37 PM  

  • Yay! Happy birthday Kiddo's blog.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:46 AM  

  • Happy blog b-day! I hope you get to slap more people in the next year.

    By Blogger ab, at 3:02 PM  

  • Happy anniversary! Ummmm...where are the celebration cocktails? I too started with reading PlanetDan's senior pics...but I have never slapped anyone. Yet.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 7:53 AM  

  • HAPPY BERFDAYSES!

    One year old, and you still spit up too much.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:30 AM  

  • one year already!Happy birthday little blog...you have given me so many laughs!I have been a comment slacker too,here's to getting with it in your second year:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home