Kiddo78

Friday, September 09, 2005

Apartment hunting??

When I moved to Minneapolis last fall, I got a deal for signing a 1-year lease that saved me $50/month on rent. Now that deal is expiring *and* my rent is going up an additional $30. So, I'm looking around to see if I can find something as close to downtown, but a little bigger for about the same price. I don't want to give up my dishwasher and free parking spot either. I've been looking at apartments online all night and am beginning to wonder if the hassle of looking at apartments, then packing and moving is even worth saving $80/month...I have seen a few that I want to at least look at. As if I haven't been busy enough at work lately -- I miss my blogging!! But now I'm too tired to catch up on all of yours. This phase will pass, I'm sure...


I looked at this place last fall. It reminds me of a college campus, what with the quaint courtyard and ivy-covered brick buildings. The apartments are from around 1940 and cool, but the bedroom closet is tiny. You know a gay man can't have a tiny bedroom closet. Although...I do only wear about 8.32 items of clothing currently in my closet...**begins deep thought - gets headache**

6 Comments:

  • That apartment building looks cute (very Rumson U.), but I'll bet that Ivy is absolutely CRAWLING with spiders.

    (shudder)

    By Blogger PJS, at 8:28 AM  

  • Hey! I used to live there! The Fair Oaks. It was actually a pretty great place. Clean, good maintenance and management, nice neighbors, right by the Electric Fetus (my favoritest CD store ever). The only drawbacks were no A/C and you gotta pay extra for underground parking, but street parking was usually pretty easy to find. And you get a free year's membership to the Institute of the Arts across the street. And you can't grill in that courtyard sadly. The bedrooms were pretty standard 12 x 12 which I don't think is too shabby.

    As for spiders in the ivy, I don't ever remember seeing any, but there were a couple bats and the squirrels out back were positively terrifying.

    Anyway, I'd recommend that place. I lived there four years and I never had any problems.

    By Blogger dan, at 1:56 PM  

  • I thought the Electric Fetus was over in uptown, and I have never seen those apartments over there, but either way they look really nice. They remind me of like a British estate.

    Goodluck, apartment hunting sucks!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 4:08 PM  

  • Looks like it's out of a fairy (no pun intended) tale. Very cute.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 4:21 PM  

  • The courtyard is pretty. Oh well, I couldn't deal with small closets either.

    By Blogger Brechi, at 10:03 AM  

  • Apartment hunting can be a hassle at many times as I did use the resources on the web to help locate the perfect apartment for my needs. I hope you the best in seeking a great apartment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home