Kiddo78

Friday, August 19, 2005

I don't have a good feeling about this

Jeff and I haven't been talking too much lately. In fact, he's apparently dating someone - a 41 yr old social worker - but, he has yet to tell me about it. I heard it hearsay from Danny. Anyway, I'm not really his biggest fan lately. I just can't stand friends who suddenly disappear once they start seeing someone. It's a slap in the face, I think. Like, you're good enough to hang out with one day and cast aside the next. Stupid guys. When will I ever learn? Is it bad that Danny told me Jeff's new flame is ugly and I'm happy about that??

Anyway, Jeff and Shawna are having a little soiree tonight. It's a "Bring A Friend" party. I insisted that I was going to be a drama queen and not show up, but Danny said it would be really bad if I didn't go. So, after Jeff called on Monday to see if I was going, I decided I should make an appearance. However, with the way I'm feeling about Jeff right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I re-enacted a scene from "All About Eve," where a drunken Margot Channing (Bette Davis) confronts Eve Harrington (Anne Baxter) whilst holding & spilling a martini.



Fasten your seatbelts...It's going to be a bumpy night!

5 Comments:

  • Hi,

    Looks like you've had some really helpful comments here. When in a relationship crisis, one should always read about railroads. It appears the relationship advice gets much deeper when railroad is spelled with TWO words instead of the one, rather unhelpful, *railroad*. Who knew! Then again, your blog has *essence* and is *evolving* and who doesn't think of therma-vacs at that point? Despite the experts, I am so very all about the martini thing it is sinful.

    Best regards,

    WTC

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 8:05 PM  

  • There's no way in hell I would have gone to that party. I hope you throw a drink in his face.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:37 PM  

  • Too bad about Jeff - wonder what happened at the party! Umm, sorry for the excitement, but the drama content of your life is higher than mine and therefore I must sit and stare.

    By Blogger Christine, at 6:35 AM  

  • It turned out to go well. I decided to just be friendly and have fun - which we did. The night ended with a carload of queers going downtown - then back home while the driver played Christmas CDs.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 1:28 PM  

  • I am glad to hear that the party went well, did you and Jeff get a chance to talk things out at all?

    I am with you that it is total shit, that when your good friends start dating they ditch you.

    I love Christmas music anytime of year, that is great, I also learned so much about Long Islands Railroads, and Thermaxx Vacuum parts, this was a really great post! Hope your Monday is going well!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home