Kiddo78

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

These songs are on my mind

There's really not a whole helluva lot going on in this neighborhood lately, so thankfully Potusol tagged me to list the 10 songs that I'm thinking of. I'm bad at listing favorite songs, movies, etc., but here she blows (in no particular order)!

"List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

1. Everytime - Britney Spears
2. Here You Come Again - Dolly Parton
3. Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
4. Float On - Modest Mouse
5. You're So Vain - Carly Simon
6. Somebody Told Me - The Killers
7. Downtown - Petula Clark
8. Dream a Little Dream - Mama Cass
9. When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole
10. Ticket to Ride - The Carpenters

What an odd (and embarrassing/guilty pleasure) collection of songs!! I think I have multiple personalities judging by that list. Thankfully I listen to Drive 105 (kind of the alternative station in Minneapolis) in the mornings, or all my songs would be 1960s-70s women! A couple songs are inspired by my officemate, who's 25 and much more cool than I am. I've been reminded that I kinda like the songs coming from his cube (like Kelly & Britney).

Anyway - I think I'll tag Meg, WalkTrot, Matt S., Boy Wonder UK (what's he listening to in Scotland?) and ZeppGoddess.

ADDENDUM
Looking more closely at my list, I noticed that all the songs are stemmed from the artists' depression or feelings of longing. Is this a sign? Great...Seriously, I'm not even depressed about a guy or anything!! Oh well...I must be in a sentimental mood again. Yes, sometimes I *do* have emotions!

7 Comments:

  • ...and I thought I was the only one who sang along with You're So Vain. Good list!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:15 PM  

  • I heart Dolly.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:49 AM  

  • I love the killers. I'm secretly in love with Brandon Flowers despite the fact that he wears eyeliner and lip gloss.

    By Blogger ab, at 10:15 AM  

  • Well, thank god yo didn't tag me. I'd be able to name maybe 3.

    I sang along with a few of the ones on your list.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:20 AM  

  • I agree with walktrot on this You're So Vain...Love it! I will get my list up today! This is so hard though, so.much.pressure...

    great list, love Dream a Little Dream too, it makes me think of Summer for some reason, so smooth and beautiful (Much like myself ;)

    By Blogger Matt S., at 11:50 AM  

  • I've never quite figured out what it is with The Mamas and The Papas, The Carpenters and gay boys. When you think about it they're quite a combination. : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 11:52 AM  

  • Greetings from a fellow Minnesotan! lol 'Cept I live waaay out here in podunk. Awesome songs! :)

    ~Carrie~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home