Kiddo78

Monday, August 01, 2005

Trust No One

Friday wasn't eventful. Met Jeff, Shawna and two of her hot co-workers at Mojito in the Excelsior/Grand neighborhood - it's becoming a trendy little area full of condos and retail. Non-conformists would absolutely hate it, which is why I think it's a nice little area. Go Consumer Power!


Excelsior/Grand in St. Louis Park neighborhood

Saturday, we hung out at Jeff's apartment pool and I refreshed my tan. Then we went to Drink! in Uptown - they have a rooftop bar, which is cool. Saw several cute guys, but everytime I tried to secretly take their picture, one of their pesky girlfriends would be in the way...don't they ever leave them at home?! We also stopped in to William's Peanut Bar, around the corner, and played a lil' trivia. Then it was to The 19 Bar and on to the Gay '90s, where we just walked around rather aimlessly. I wound up at an after-bar in Edina. I'm not sure how we got seperated. I met a good looking guy named Michael and decided he was coming home with me. But then this other random guy also jumped in our cab and I tried to hint that he wasn't welcome, but he wasn't taking the hint. I thought maybe it was a friend of Michael's. Anyway, we had another couple beers at my place. Yesterday, Michael told me that he thought random guy was digging through stuff on my dresser while I slept...this morning I noticed that my bus pass was mysteriously missing. That bastard stole my monthly bus pass that didn't expire until 8/15 -- so still worth about $40 to me!!

In addition, Michael said random stranger was also looking through his jean pockets, asking, "Do you have a bank account -- I need some new shoes..."

I'm never letting a ghetto person in my apartment again. Ever. This is the third time I've had things stolen. I'm a magnet for thieves, I guess...I trust nobody.

7 Comments:

  • Holy cow! Next time it might not be a stolen bus pass so much as a slit throat. Be careful!

    Other than that, though, sounds fun! ;-)

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 11:54 PM  

  • A Drink! just opened in KC and we went to a Drink! in Des Moines. Must be a midwestern thing. I just like to type Drink!

    NEVER let random boys in your apt....let alone 2 of them!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:12 AM  

  • Oh my garsh! You let the guy A) remain in the cab, B) come back to your place, C) remain there while you slept? I'm gonna have to fly out to MSP and slap you, kiddo.

    You are lucky all you lost was a bus pass!

    Incidentally, my little friend never made it to Gay 90's on Saturday, they went to some dance club called "Spin" instead. I'm all curious about Minneapolis now, it sounds sorta fun...

    By Blogger PJS, at 8:19 AM  

  • I know, I know -- point taken about not letting strangers in my apartment again. I've had enough stolen already.

    I didn't know that Drink! is a "chain." Interesting...

    PJS - Yep, "Spin" is quite the place to be seen for the college-aged set here in Mpls. You should visit sometime! Not during winter, though!! Unless you enjoy freezing your ass off.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:32 AM  

  • Ok, I'm not gonna jump on the "OMG you shouldn't have done that" bandwagon. Or did I just do that by saying I wouldn't? Anyway, think of it this way, at least you have an "I was robbed" story to tell at dinner parties.

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:47 PM  

  • That sucks!

    By Blogger ab, at 4:00 PM  

  • Hi Kiddo! I think this will be my first post to your comments! YAY! Except, it's not a very exciting post. This entry of yours scared the daylights out of me... here's why:

    I did all that crazy stuff way back in the day, too. Random sex and strangers were as equally threatening to me as a simple walk down the street at 3am, which is not unusual in NYC. If I could do one, I could do the other. Kind of like getting on the Roller Coaster, KNOWING it very well could fly off the track, but because it MOST LIKELY wouldn't, you do it anyway. We often block any potential danger from our mind so you can just LIVE a little.

    I was a lot less thoughtful and reckless in the past... until I was awakened one morning by the news that a friend had been tortured and murdered in his kitchen by a guy he'd been dating for a WEEK. I never even got to meet the guy, but I had heard about him. He was supposedly amazingly sweet and friendly. The only reason anyone found my friend so quickly was because the door of his apartment was left ajar enough that his little dog was in the hall, wandering around the next morning. Neighbors had heard muffles and cries and banging for hours the night before, but thought my friend was "just having a good time." Instead, horribly, he had been tied to his kitchen chair, tortured with utensils and knives (his tongue, eyes, and ears were removed), and eventually had a plastic trash bag tied over his head to keep his brains from splattering as the killer beat his skull in with a broken-off leg of a chair.

    After that, I NEVER EVER EVER did anything with a stranger again, and even after knowing someone, I made sure my friends knew how to reach me, and gave them the guy's number, etc. I quickly introduce any new person in my life to everyone I know! If anything is to happen to me, I want them to catch the fu##er!

    They never did catch the guy who killed my friend, but other killings were later considered to be connected.

    Just be careful. Everything is a gamble, but there really are things we do that are just plain stupid, and those moments can't be returned if something goes terribly awry.

    By Blogger CocteauBoy, at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home