Kiddo78

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back to life

I know, I know....I've been a bad blogger for the past few weeks. I'll get back to it again on a more regular basis, I swear!

Well, kids, I got a job! I actually started working on Thursday - I had three offers in one day last week, so I guess the old saying rings true: when it rains, it pours. I took the job downtown at the IDS Center. I'm finally a full recruiter after spending a total of about 3 years as a junior recruiter! I love working downtown again - it's so nice to walk 3 minutes to the bus and have a 5 minute bus ride to work. My office consists of myself, an accountant/receptionist (I like her), the president (my boss), who seems pretty laid back/easy going as long as you're getting work done and one other recruiter who's 25 and also "family." He's a cool guy and we're already getting along well. As Annie would sing in Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here..." (Or however that goes)

Working in this building is so convenient. There is a retail area, my bank, dry cleaners, convenience store, etc., on the 2nd level, which is nice. Then the skyways leading away from the building go to lots of shopping and food. I can do my banking, pay my Marshall Fields bill, go shopping and get lunch without stepping foot outside! And I don't even have to fight traffic to get here, so SUCKS to my last company - bastardos!!

In other news: Jeff is doing okay. He got out of the clink last Tuesday. He said he never even got a phone call until 7:00 monday night and they never told him when he was going to preliminary court until Monday night - he said he thought he may have to be there a week. And, I know he's in jail for a crime, but still -- they never even offered to give him something to read or anything in the cell. Not even the bible. I mean, other jails let you watch TV & everything, don't they?? He was in solitary confinement. Oh well. He goes in front of the judge on Friday and will most likely get some jail time and lose his license for 6 months, not to mention all the fines. Yikes. I feel bad for him.

In other, other news: Remember the guy I was kinda seeing in the spring who turned out to be hooked on muscle relaxers? Yeah, well he got out of treatment in June and we've been hanging out again. He lives in a sober house in St. Paul right now and is doing well. His grandma let him back in the trust fund and he finished his skin care degree from a cosmo school and just got hired at Rocco Altabelli, so he's doing much better than he had been. We'll see what happens, but I do like hanging out with him. At least it's made my huge crush on Jeff subside.

Okay - I need to get busy at work!! I'll start reading/commenting again soon!!

12 Comments:

  • I'm so happy for you!!!

    By Blogger ab, at 10:27 AM  

  • Great news about the job. Congrats!

    By Blogger Ry, at 11:33 AM  

  • You are SO random honey. Almost as random as me.

    By Blogger Meg, at 11:44 AM  

  • YEA YOU...the worker-guy! Congrats!! We'll do a blog-toast for you at the Motel 6. ...and how nice will it be in the dead of winter to not have to go outside! Good work!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 2:59 PM  

  • The best thing for getting over a guy = another guy. Congrats on the new job : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:02 AM  

  • Yay for your job! Sounds like a great opportunity for you.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 7:59 AM  

  • Hey you, very very happy to hear about your new job. Congratulations!!!

    By Blogger PJS, at 9:20 AM  

  • Congratulations on you new job as a senior recruiter! I bet it feels good to finally have that title.

    By Blogger Christine, at 10:43 AM  

  • Go Kiddo! Go Kiddo! Go, Go, Go, Kiddo!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 9:02 PM  

  • woo hoo congrats - i was wondering where u were.

    By Blogger Brechi, at 3:40 PM  

  • Congratulations!!

    By Blogger jd, at 1:17 PM  

  • The best revenge is landing a better job!!! Now you can take all their clients.

    By Blogger Angela, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home