Kiddo78

Monday, July 11, 2005

Don't bother me, I'm reading...

Wow. I've got some catching up to do on reading the blogs! I got some pictures back from my birfday - back in March - that I'll have to post. Before that, I have to get reading!

Still no job -- I'm going on interviews, though. I thought I had one nailed, but they offered it to someone with a couple more years experience. He apparently has a couple other offers, so maybe he won't take the job I want. Otherwise, I interviewed downtown today in Minneapolis's tallest building, the IDS Tower. It would be cool to work downtown.



Went out for a while with Jeff last night and he *sigh* got a DUI. I feel so bad for him. He's still in jail and he hasn't called anyone. It's his 2nd one, but his first was more than ten years ago, he said. I had to ride in the cop car with him b/c I was in no shape to drive either. The dumb thing is that we had intended to cab it back to his place...but we after-barred at his friend's house who lives really close, so we just had the stupid idea to take his car home. I still had a cocktail in my hand and put it under the seat once the cop pulled us over. Thank god he didn't see it b/c I would've gotten an open bottle ticket. This is a lesson to us all to quit drinking & driving! I never do anyway, but my friends do. I got in trouble for that already a few years ago and it would be an even bigger nightmare to get another. Minnesota really cracks down on that and I think I would lose my license for 6 months and have to pay thousands of dollars. Not a good deal.

Anyway - here's hoping that Jeff doesn't get the book thrown at him. And that I get a job downtown. I interned in downtown Chicago and miss that busy environment - working in the suburbs is boring...

Don't drink & drive!!

6 Comments:

  • Good luck on the job search! And you lucked out with the open bottle. That's one of my strictest rules I have- none of that in my car. The driver gets hit with that even if the driver is sober & not the one with the open bottle.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:35 PM  

  • oohhh, that sucks, I feel terrible for your friend! I'm sure you will find a job in no time, good luck in the mean time.

    By Blogger Matt S., at 5:48 PM  

  • good luck - i love tall buildings :)

    By Blogger Brechi, at 6:54 PM  

  • Good luck with the job. It's always cool to work in a big building downtown. And sorry to hear about your friend. Arizona is really tough on DUI offenders. All it takes is one offense to really screw up your life.

    By Blogger potusol, at 1:31 AM  

  • Oh how awful for jeff...I hope you get your job!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:38 AM  

  • I used to work downtown mpls. It was awesome. It's a way better environment than the burbs. I would even say I prefer it to working at home.

    G'luck.

    By Blogger dan, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home