Kiddo78

Friday, July 01, 2005

We're Off to North Dakota - seriously

Sorry I've been a bit of blogging bum lately...I'll get back into the swing of things when my life less resembles a trip to hell.

Speaking of hell -- I'm going to North Dakota tomorrow for the holiday weekend. Just kidding about ND being hell - I've been to Fargo and Grand Forks and it's really not a bad place. Just don't go in winter -- if you think MN is cold...North Dakota in January?? Yikes!


We'll be by Minot -- way up by Canada, eh.


Anyway -- We're going to Jeff's little hometown called Garrison. It's about 1200 people. It's the town's centennial, Jeff's all-school reunion (everyone who graduated from GHS is invited) and also his birthday on the 6th. Jeff and his roommate Shawna left Thursday and Danny and I will be leaving on Friday late afternoon. It's an 8 hour trip...not including the hordes of people leaving the Twin Cities for their summer cabins - we'll all be traveling north. So that should be fun. I've already figured out some state highways we can take to avoid the freeway.


"Celebrate good times, c'mon! (du du du dun du dun du du) YA-HOO!!"


So, Jeff says that everyone comes back home for the 4th (the town celebration) and that it's a lot of fun. Plus, I guess his family is a little on the wild/crazy side (I don't doubt this if they're anything like he is).

I'll be interested to see how the locals react to three gay boys strutting down Main Street in their little summer outfits (probably with some Abba song playing in the background, no doubt). I'm thinking it will be like a movie scene when the record scratches and everyone stares in silence. We'll be half in the bag and probably won't even notice.


Part of Main Street, Garrison -- the lovely Kota Theater

Danny and I are headed back to Minneapolis on Tuesday. If you don't hear from me on Wednesday or Thursday, send a search party, for we've probably been lynched...

Anyway -- happy 4th of July everyone!! Read my story about July 4, 2003!!



"Try burnin' this one, asshole!"

7 Comments:

  • Love the ABBA scenario! LOL Safe travels and Happy 4th! (And please get back to blogging soon...I miss having a drinking buddy!)

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 5:47 AM  

  • There is just something about small towns that I love. Kelly's high school is having the same sort of all school reunion this weekend as well. We arent' going, but I think it would be fun. Happy 4th!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:42 AM  

  • Have a great trip, and enjoy the cheap cheap beer, which is my fave part of small-town life.

    By Blogger Ry, at 11:53 AM  

  • Have fun... if that's possible in ND.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 12:18 PM  

  • Small town celebrations are fun. We'll keep a watch for your safe return : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 12:51 PM  

  • I was just reading about the government of Minnesota shutting down so maybe you picked a good weekend to get out of state : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 10:18 PM  

  • I can't wait to hear about your trip. Have fun strutting your stuff and take lots of pictures.

    By Blogger Angela, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home