Kiddo78

Monday, June 13, 2005

I guess it's not in the cards for me...Yet

The weekend was cool - mostly.

Had much fun on Friday with fellow bloggers for ChezLynne's visit to the Twin Cities from Washington, DC. Much to her's and Hotbabe's disappointment, I didn't slap anyone or even throw a drink in someone's face. All the more reason for her to come back someday! PlanetDan and I got some free junk for ordering a Miller Lite - the promo girls were out. We also saw some Irish music people at The Dubliner in St. Paul. Cool little place. Check out pictures at Dan's blog, and also Stacy's. Yay, fun! Although I hate all the pictures of me. I need a tan and to lose about 10 pounds....clearly! Oh well. Glad you could visit, Lynne!!

Jeff - the guy I like who really only wants a "friends with benefits" situation wanted to hang out late Friday and I wound up spending the whole weekend hanging out with him and his roommate, Shawna. The weather was great for lounging on their patio, which we've nicknamed "The Hamptons." We were going to come back to the city so I could shower and get fresh clothes Saturday afternoon, when my poor car died on the highway...thankfully, Jeff's apartment is right by this highway. The tow truck driver said he thought they screwed something up with my last oil change. I just brought the keys to the fixing place today, so not sure what's wrong with it yet -- ughhh. Just one thing after another with me.

Went to a trendy bar/restaurant in Uptown yesterday, Figlio, with Jeff, Shawna and her friend. Danny met us there and brought his psychic friend - who, in turn, brought her tarot cards. I was the only one, of course, who had a "negative" reading. The jist of it, she said, was "your life pretty much sucks right now, you're unhappy with a lot, but I see good things in the future, so hang in there...." My life doesn't really suck, but relationship-wise it does, and I'm not liking my job a whole lot anymore. In fact, I dread working every day. The psychic felt so bad and kept saying she was worried about me! I guess she saw more in the cards than she let on. She even gave me her phone number to call if I was feeling horrid about everything. Great - even psychics are concerned about me now!

I'm starting to get used to the idea of just being friends with Jeff, but everytime we hang out I just keep liking him and thinking about how cute & funny he is. He brought me to the car fixing place today, so that was another hour of hanging out with him. He suggested we do something on Wednesday -- possibly the Walker Art Center. I hope we do. And I hope this "sad" feeling about him goes away soon too. I do like being friends with him...Danny thinks Jeff is still hung up on his ex. That always happens to me! Again -- oh well...


Yes, I did get The Devil card. That can't be good....

7 Comments:

  • It's always HORRIBLE to like someone and only have them be "sorta" there. And take that psychic stuff with a grain of salt. The last one I went to said I'd be living on the coast and working on a cruise ship. Not even close.... ; )

    By Blogger potusol, at 12:15 AM  

  • My last psychic reading the women said I would be talented in working with wood??? I don't know if I have made anything out of wood before...I am so resisting a filthy comment by the way....

    I don't like this "friends with benifits" stuff.I mean if thats what you were wanting too then it works but you just don't want to end up getting hurt,plus you should be focusing your energy on someone who is so into you that even if they are not looking for a relationship they can't resist falling into one with you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:26 AM  

  • Years ago your father served with Mandrew's father in the Communist Wars. We at the Mandrew collective are working on a song of our own for the new wars. We have this much:

    "because saddam stole my turkey
    oh that dirty haji stole my turkey
    because saddam stole my turkey
    he took the refrigerator too."

    We need help. One third of Mandrew is opposed to the refrigerator line. Please send us lyrics and let us get the whole blogosphere to craft a song that will do more for popular culture than the new Harry Potter book.

    Mandrew is
    Forrest at www.mindlessblather.net
    Wally at www.fortheboredones.blogspot.com
    and
    Soviet at
    www.sovietinamerica.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  

  • Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It would be great to hang with y'all in real life (I almost typed real time - geek alert!)

    By Blogger Bob, at 9:20 AM  

  • I think you looked great in the pictures.

    By Blogger ab, at 10:33 AM  

  • Friends with benefits is never a good situation. Someone always ends up getting hurt.

    I agree with Anges, I think you look cute in the pics!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 1:14 PM  

  • We did have fun, didn't we? And leave it to me to find a guy gay at Half Time Rec? Crazy! I think that confirms that gay guys love me- even the closeted ones. :)

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home