Kiddo78

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm an alien on the inside

Apparently shopping for DVDs makes me feel better (see post below). I just went to Columbia House to make a payment on last order and was enticed into buying 3 more (I really don't have many DVDs - I don't usually shop for them). They are having deals on their boxed sets and I decided to see what they had in SciFi (even though I'm not much of a SciFi fan) and guess what miniseries they're selling??

V!! Remember that show?? My brother and I loved it. I remember *running* home from my friend's house at night (kind of scared) to be home on time to watch it. And I thought Marc Singer was cute...WTF?? Anyway, it was about aliens posing as humans and they originally say they come in peace, but once they peel off their skin, they're green lizard people. And they eat white rats. And they want to harvest humans for food on their lizard planet. I remember their red velvet suits and that their leader was a lady. Also, a human girl gave birth to an alien baby. Eeewwwww.

So, I ordered the original miniseries and "V: The Final Battle." I didn't order the TV series that spun off, because I don't think I really watched that.

Oh, and then I ordered the totally non-SciFi "Wet Hot American Summer" after PlanetDan reminded me of my love for this movie. If you haven't seen it, do so. You won't be disappointed. Mucho funny. I love the part when they "go to town" and all hell ensues; including a trip to the local crack house. Good stuff.

Also on my wish list at Columbia House:

1. Wonder Woman Seasons 2 & 3
2. North and South - complete miniseries
3. Gypsy (Natalie Wood)
4. Broken Hearts Club
5. Butterfield 8 (Elizabeth Taylor)
6. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
7. Back to the Future I & II
8. Breakfast Club (have on VHS)
9. Ferris Buehler's Day Off (have on VHS)
10. Threesome
11. Napoleon Dynamite
12. Garden State
13. All About Eve

That's all I've added so far - but there are about a million other movies I need to buy. And TV series. It doesn't end...


V


The "Visitors" have arrived


Aren't they nice?


What the hell?? Diana, the boss lady. Time to re-apply!

8 Comments:

  • OMG...these are mostly what I used to watch when I was the nerdy high school babysitter. Scary...but good choices!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 10:15 PM  

  • V and the thornbirds were the best miniseries ever!Why was I allowed to watch these when I was so little.You were even younger?I am obsessed with buying movies and Cd's... Have you seen sleep away camp?It is so bad it is funny.Wet,hot,american summer is my favorite comedy...I love that you love it. I reccomend it to people all the time and no one seems to share the love i have for it except Dan.The going to town scene is my favorite as well.I seriously can't begin to start naming all of my favorite parts.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:54 AM  

  • You just reminded me that Wonder Woman is out on DVD. She used to be my 80s hero.

    By Blogger ab, at 9:48 AM  

  • I used to think Marc Singer was a major hottie.

    Remember "Beastmaster"? I must have watched that a million times when it first hit HBO. I also remember watching him in some movie where he played a blind piano player.

    By Blogger PJS, at 1:39 PM  

  • I was a (heaving, drooling) fan of Marc Singer at one point, too. Beastmaster and If You Could See What I Hear... Mmmm.

    It was cool to see All About Eve on your list. I just watched that again the other night. Anne Baxter is such a BARRACUDA!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:47 AM  

  • I was sitting here watching Ferris Buehler's Day Off when I read this.

    I wanted to hang with Ferris.

    I loved V the mini-series. That half-human half-alien baby was so gross. Do you remember when the aliens would do the tounge thing?

    The good alien was played by Robert Englund before he became Freddy Krueger.

    Have you ever seen Gross Point Blank?

    By Blogger Angela, at 9:31 PM  

  • aw, thanks for the comment, yeah i am totally being neurotic about the baby situation even though it is not even impending ya know. hopefully someday we'll make good dilfs.

    By Blogger Brechi, at 7:21 PM  

  • nice list

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home