Kiddo78

Thursday, June 02, 2005

In a Rut...



I'm in a rut for the past couple weeks - the only time I don't feel lazy and unmotivated is when I'm hanging out with friends. What's with that? I don't even want to get out of bed lately. What do you people do to feel better when feeling pretty hopeless...?? I find that being with friends and/or going for a long walk has raised my spirits lately.

I'm meeting with the senior recruiters from my company's Minnesota office for breakfast tomorrow to talk about me coming to work for them, instead of at home for the San Fran team. I think being on a normal schedule and around people every day again might help me. Most of the reason I go out so much is just to get out of the house and be around people. I need interaction! I dig it the most...

Well, I better get some bills paid, find out how much money I don't have left over, then see if I can get something accomplished at work.

Ughhh...

One thing that's good is that I feel kinda hopeful about Jeff. I don't know how many more "it didn't work out with him"s I can take.

8 Comments:

  • It may sound too simple, but when I'm feeling that way (god knows I have my dark moments), and I want to snap out of it (sometimes I like my black moods just fine), I listen to happy music.

    Music works like a drug on me...

    I have a whole Rhapsody playlist called "Happy", and it's basically self-medication for the Mean Reds.

    (Would it surprise you that it's heavy on Jerry Herman?)

    By Blogger PJS, at 3:23 PM  

  • I hang around cute baseball boys to cheer me up. Even if I look like crap, I force myself to go because really they couldn't care less what I look like since I'm not dating material for them. Oh, wait, that just made me sad...

    Go with the suggestion from PJS.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:59 PM  

  • I bet it is the working from home.I feel the same way at times...desparate to get out and interact.I say force yourself to wake up early and take a long walk outside.That always lifts my spirit.Otherwise go to mcdonalds and get a #2...yum.Seriously hope you feel better...I have an idea to cheer you up...You can meet my friend Chris.I am not giving uo on that you know.His "boyfried/creepy creep"broke up with him a few weeks ago so he needs to get back out there and I maintain that I have a feeling you guys would really hit it off...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:50 PM  

  • You should drink.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 10:05 PM  

  • Just kidding!
    I feel the same way...maybe it is the change of seasons or something. It sure sounds like you are busy enough with your social life! If it is any comfort, a middle-aged woman in Indiana enjoys your blog :)

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 10:09 PM  

  • awww, they are hard to get out of. for me working out is probably the most helpful.

    By Blogger Brechi, at 10:14 PM  

  • I think being in an office environment will do the trick. Plus there's always after work happy hour. That always works for me.

    By Blogger ab, at 9:47 AM  

  • I have an idea to cheer you up.You can meet my friend Chris.I am not giving uo on that you know.His "boyfried/creepy creep"broke up with him a few weeks ago so he needs to get back out there and I maintain that I have a feeling you guys would really hit it off

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home