Kiddo78

Monday, May 23, 2005

A weekend of visiting

Busy, fun weekend rests behind me.

Friday night, HotBabe picked me up and we headed downtown to meet Denverboy and a couple of their other college friends at Brit's Pub. On the way in the door, I saw an old college friend of mine who I used to work with. THEN, once up stairs and outside (where they play lawn bowling and show movies in the summer), I saw a table of more of my college friends who were out celebrating a birthday. HotBabe now thinks I know the entire bar.

We stayed there for a couple beers, then walked toward Hennepin Avenue, where most of the downtown action happens on the weekends. We went in to Bar Fly and that wasn't the greatest. I've had fun there before, but we really weren't feeling it on Friday. So, we went to the '90s and proceeded to consume several of their way strong drinks. On the way there, from Bar Fly, we walked past the dive gay bar, The Brass Rail, where some of my friends were outside smoking. Now HotBabe thinks I know everyone in Minneapolis, which is completely not true.

Saturday I went to Rochester to attend my niece and grandma's birthday parties at my sister's house. 5 of we 8 kids were there, plus some other nieces & nephews, husbands and my Mom. Nice little gathering. Then I went to a little, intimate wedding reception at an art gallery in downtown Rochester. The bride was one of my best friends growing up and she looked beautiful. Her husband is good looking too - they make a nice couple. Much better than her loser first husband. I saw several old high school friends, so it was nice.

Then, back to Minneapolis for more hijinx with Hotbabe, Denverboy and friends. Again, met them at the '90s - we also did some drinking back at his hotel room. Nothing really remarkable happened, just good times hanging out and talking.

Wow - there is nothing funny about this entry. Sorry.

Stacy -- what happened to you on Saturday?!? Anger overwhelms me. My face is red & hot. Kidding. But, what *did* happen?? I heard Chris was with you too...NICE!

5 Comments:

  • Bar hopping? Did someone say barhopping? I love how it looks like you know everyone! LOL It is so fun to hear when the blog-characters get together and drink! OK, I sound like the old wrinkley lady in puffy slippers with a martini and a cig...sorry! BLOGHEROSTACY: Get out there! Where were you? I don't like these negative posts about your absence! You should be the party girl with your new you!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:16 PM  

  • Don't deny it - you do know everyone in Minneapolis. That's too funny. Wow, one of your friends is already getting married a second time - my friends are all way behind the curve. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Too bad Stacy was MIA.

    By Blogger Christine, at 10:11 PM  

  • I can't believe I forgot to mention that we saw loser American Eagle Brad whoring it up at the '90s on Friday. *Almost* threw a drink in his face. Hotbabe was going to pay me to, but I resisted. Did have some choice words for him though.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:50 PM  

  • I was only thinking of Lynne when I wanted you to throw the drink in his face... OK & the entertainment value for myself. We would've gotten kicked out, though. But there were nothing but ugly people there Fri night, so it would have been OK.

    Everytime I remembered she wasn't there, I'd yell "God dammit! I'm pissed at Stacy." Then I take a sip of my drink & forget about it again. I found out that Stacy was not with Chris that night, just out to dinner with Dan & others. Her cell phone died & didn't know where we were for sure, so after some chaotic driving for her, she went home. She'll be there next time. But who doesn't bring a car charger for their phone? Moral of the story: never leave home without it.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:39 PM  

  • Here I am here I am!!!!
    I am so mad I missed it:(see mad enough for a frown face

    Come on Jenny you know me,it is rare I have my phone let alone the charger...I was upset about missing a night out though.You won't be able to keep me away next time....can someone pick me up by the way???

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home