Kiddo78

Friday, May 13, 2005

Work trauma, stalking and Wisconsin weddings

This is the 2nd time I'm writing this, as the first one landed in Blog Error hell.

As Dolly Parton would say in Steel Magnolias, I've been "busier than a one-armed paper hanger" at work today! Have submitted two candidates to the client, which is a process; presented an offer to a candidate & done all stuff relating to that and have been doing all the other busy work in screening & managing other candidates. Blah. Plus, the guy I offered yesterday backed out of his "Accept," so that was a pleasant experience. Hate when they do that -- means a whole lot of time & effort down the drain. What should I expect, it is Friday the 13th after all.

The new guy/neighbor, Mike, and were supposed to hang out tonight, but he called and said he's felt sick all day. We weren't going to do much anyway as I have to get up early tomorrow. We hung out for about an hour last night before he went to bed. Kinda convenient living in the same building - makes stalking all the more easy! His ex lives on third floor too, as well as his best friend. Ummm...what is this, Melrose Place?! Lord. I'm glad to report that he and his ex are still good friends and hang out. That tells me they didn't have a psycho/messy breakup. They had been together 6 years, moved to this building and broke up shortly thereafter - so Mike just found an apartment in the same building. Six years, which is about 9 gay years - you don't hear about that too much in this group. It's really more like a divorce!

I'm getting up way early tomorrow -- or maybe now I'll go tonight -- to be on the road by 8. You see, I'm going to a wedding in Appleton, Wisconsin, which is near Green Bay. Should be interesting - Wisconsinites are wild as hell usually. Plus, the bride (a friend from college days) grew up in Alaska and her family is from North Dakota, so that should prove to be a site too - to meet her family. I'm guessing it will be kind of a crazy wedding. A lot of my college-era friends will be there, some of whom are still my best friends. It takes about five hours to get there, I think. My other friends already left today, so I'll be whistling Dixie, guzzling coffee and chain smoking all the live long day tomorrow - in my car. God, I hope it's not more than five hours. At least Lynne's drugged-up cat won't be in the car with me!

Well, here's hoping I don't get pulled over - you have to pay the ticket immediately in Wisconsin - and that you have/had a splendid weekend!


That's what it's all about - Hey!

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a fun weekend! I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 4:29 PM  

  • You truly are living at Melrose Place. Now you must designate who will be the Heather Locklear character. Every drama-filled building needs a coniving bitch.

    Hope you had fun at the wedding and that you didn't get pulled over!

    By Blogger ab, at 8:05 PM  

  • I think I've got the coniving bitch role pretty well covered...watch out, Heather!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home