Kiddo78

Monday, May 02, 2005

What a nut job

They found that missing bride-to-be...in Albuquerque. She just had cold feet about her "lavish" wedding. She better have to pay some sort of consequence for this. Whack job.

Here's the article.

In other news, I had a decent weekend. Worked late Friday, then my friend Emily called me to see if I wanted to go to a party with her, as she's a junior at the U of M. It was their "Spring Jam" weekend, so lots of parties. I thought I might feel a little old to go to a college party, but hey - cute guys and only $5, so what the hell?! Turns out it was pretty fun. Everybody kept asking me what "year" I was and "so you go to school here?" Nice! It was only five years ago that I would've been right there with them as a fellow student, but you know...Then a gaggle of kids were walking by on the street and everyone on the porch at this party started yelling, "Freshmen!! Freshmen!!" Haha - freshmen do always travel in packs, but I couldn't help thinking it was funny since the big juniors were 16 when I was in college!

Oh, the party was at cute U of M Erik's place....he's the one who started to make out with me, to make it look like we were boyfriends, when the toothless wonder started talking to me that one night. We made out, so all was a success.

American Eagle Brad left a voicemail on Friday - first time he'd called since Tuesday. I called him back to see what he wanted and haven't heard from him again. Whatever. I saw his friend Chad and he told me that Brad does that all the time. Typical.

We had a CONGRATULATIONS party for Bill on Saturday night to celebrate his being done with radiation - then we went to the The 19 Bar for a while. Fun but nothing too exciting.

CR Valium's birthday was on Saturday. His g'ma is here from Las Vegas, so I haven't talked to him much. She's pressuring him to go back to Hazleden.

Work is still busy. Still haven't found out if I'm officially promoted, but doing the work as if I had been...

3 Comments:

  • I can just picture you towering over all those kids at the party.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 8:26 AM  

  • For fun! So, what's your major? I always liked when it was the first big party weekend at college and the freshmen who had no clue would say, "Pre-Med" or "Poly Sci" like they were so sure they were going to be a doctor or lawyer just as soon as they finished this piddly college stuff ...then by Spring they were "thinking of taking a year off" or "changing majors". That's why I never faked it and just stuck w/Sociology and Communication Arts. No pressure and who cares if I didn't get a decent job after graduation!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 12:25 PM  

  • Can I just say I knew something was with that googley eyed runaway bride.You just don't open your eyes that big for pictures without there being something wrong with you.Hi by the way...I have not heard from you in awhile...I am up to matchmaking again...Chris broke up with his non commital boyfriend...wait the guy did not want to be labeled his boyfriend...his "commited dating" friend...I thought that label was funny because isin't commited dating being someones boyfriend?Anyhow,I am going to get you guys together if it kills me.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home