Kiddo78

Thursday, April 28, 2005

That's a lot of sisters and cousins

There's a missing bride-to-be from Duluth, GA. Her family doesn't think she just got wedding cold feet. You can read about her here.

I thought it was interesting that she plans on having FOURTEEN bridesmaids and groomsmen.

*In Southern accent from Steel Magnolias*
"Daddy always said, 'an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure.'"

Is it common to have that many down South? I'm somewhat of a wedding expert...Well, okay maybe not, but I have been to about a jillion gillion weddings and I've always thought there should be 3-5 attendants, maybe 6 (each). My 30-something cousin got married a few years ago, already had a talking kid from another guy, and still wore a huge white dress, had a big reception (I didn't go, I hate her) and EIGHT bridesmaids....She was 30-something years old with a kid! TACKY, TACKY, TACKY! But that's just my opinion...

Anyway, I hope they find that girl. It's sad. Maybe her 14 bridesmaids can form a search party. Okay, that was mean but I couldn't resist...let's face it, we all know I'm already going to hell anyway. But seriously, I do hope she got cold feet and took off for a while and she comes home to find out that her family had listed her as missing...


Missing: Jennifer Wilbanks

5 Comments:

  • I read about the bride-to-be and, ok, it is horrid to imagine what her family is going thru. I must say, tho, that I completely agree w/your stance on wedding parties. After attending several weddings of friends who were nearly in therapy as a result of the *planning*, I was so glad I was, once again, a nonconformist in that realm. H & I had the teensiest nuptiuals. We were broke and couldn't afford a big thing even if we had wanted it! The cool thing is that the day after the wedding, you are just as married as the next couple even if you didn't spend a zillion dollars and have a zillion guests and a zillion attendants. Let's face it, a hangover is a hangover no matter how big the crowd. LOL

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 8:37 PM  

  • 14 is insane! I intend to have few to outshine me on my day. (knock on wood I someday have *my* day)

    The worst- my cousin had 16- 8 bridesmaids & 8 groomsmen. Crazy. Who has that many actual *close* friends anyway? I think some folks are just fooling themselves.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:28 PM  

  • Just announced, she was found and safe. faked it all. stupid bitch.

    By Blogger Bob, at 7:05 AM  

  • Blogger screwed up, but I'm so glad it did because I didn't read Roberts comment before posting. I cannot believe she did that! All this time I was sort of thinking the fiance had something to do with it. So sorry fiance.

    Ditto Tara. I was also in the 8 bm and 8 gm wedding. Pics were a bitch.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 7:11 AM  

  • I can't believe she faked being missing. Karma...it will get her in the end.

    By Blogger ab, at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home