Kiddo78

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Rehab ain't what it used to be

Sorry interview requestors for the delay -- I've been crazy-busy at work the past few days and have not been my usual blogging self.

Dating Misadventures Update:
I went on a date with C., the hot 34-year-old I met at The 19 Bar, on Wednesday night. We went to some restaurant off of Hennepin & 12th, I can't remember the name, but it's kind of a Caribbean place. It wasn't that good. Our waiter was super gay. He asked us if we'd like to try any "tasty" drinks...both C. and I looked at each other and back at him like, "wha....???" Of course, I wanted a tasty drink. Okay, I just had beer. Well, before that place we went to this restaurant adjacent to Loring Park (my neighborhood) called Joe's Garage, but their kitchen was closed (it was about 10:00), so we just had a drink instead. C. ordered a martini, then told me that it was his first drink in 3 years. Ummm.....yeah. So, anyway, we had a little bite to eat at the Caribbean place and he had 2 Red Stripe beers and I had two pints. His friend called & was in the area and joined us. We had to give him a ride home b/c he was there on his bike (he's a health nut, which frightens me). Then C. and I went to The 19 Bar and I kept staring at him b/c I think he's really cute. Then we went to my house and made out. He wanted to leave and it was about 4:00 a.m. He said he needed to go to the pharmacy (Walgreens is open 24/7), and did I just want to go to to his suburb with him? Of course, I did. We didn't even wind up going to the pharmacy, just straight to his hotel. Yes, he lives in a hotel suite. Apparently, and I'm not joking, he got kicked out of a rehab house b/c he was abusing his prescription medication. In fact, he moved here from California (his family has money) to go to the famous rehab center here in Minnesota, Hazelden (think Elizabeth Taylor and Robert Downey Jr.). Now, I have nothing against anyone who goes to rehab at all (my family practically invented them and Elizabeth is my favorite)...however, dating someone who got kicked out of a rehab house (where you live after dismissal from Hazelden) is a different story. I mean, he's really nice and cute and we get along very well, but I realized that he didn't just have some sort of speech impairment....he was doped up on Mezahextotryglipherine (or whatever) and a number of other meds. Seriously, his end table drawer was FULL of medication bottles and he took them at end-of-night and in the morning. So, I don't really know what to do. I like him and he's smart and going to cosmo school for skin care stuff (?), and we have fun together, and he's really nice, but lord....So, we'll see. We're supposed to hang out tonight and I think I might ask him if he's getting doped up on his meds; especially if he seems shit-faced again. Okay - so that's the C. story. For reference/remembrance sake, think of him as C. Valium or C. Pill. How about C.R. Pill & Stuff? Whatever...

So last night I had a date with American Eagle Brad....he's the one with whom the plumber saw me making out. I didn't get done with work until about 9:30 and he was really sweet about being okay with it (we originally thought we'd probably go at about 8:00, but I seriously couldn't get out of work). So, he picked me up at about 10:15'ish and we went to Old Chicago in Uptown to eat. It was okay food -- nothing really to write home about. Then we went to a seedy little gay bar called The Brass Rail - I hate weekends there b/c it's crowded and full of male strippers being groped by gross old trolls - it disgusts me. American Eagle Brad wanted to see if his friend Buddy was there, which he wasn't, so we had a drink and went a couple doors down to the infamous Gay 90s. I feel so bad for the drag queens and LeFemme Lounge bartenders b/c ever since the smoking ban went into effect, it has been dead in there. There was hardly anyone there for a Friday and it used to be so busy. I guess people don't want to go b/c you have to go all the way downstairs and outside to smoke now. Anyway, we watched the drag show for a while and I tipped my favorite Roxy Marquis. Then we went to the techno bar and danced a little bit. There was a really cute straight couple there dancing and they were smashed. Of course, American Eagle Brad and I talked to the girl (cute blonde) and told her she was fabulous and so was her handbag and so was her husband. Then we came back to my place, talked for a while and he passed out on my couch and I in the chair (for soon, Saint Dickolaus would surely be there). Duh.

So, yeah -- I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go with Brad since CR Pill & Stuff seems to like his meds a bit too much. I feel bad, but that's the way it goes...


The front of our famous Gay '90s on Hennepin Ave - inside are about 7 different bar areas - it's the Mall of America of bars, I guess


Looks kind of like a dump here (!), but shows how big it is...


I like Roxy

5 Comments:

  • Please, steer clear of any guy that lives in a hotel suite because he got kicked out of rehab. Seriously, it's only trouble. Brad sounds much more stable.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 5:08 PM  

  • "So, I don't really know what to do." Ahhh, yeah you do, Mister. Dump him, dump him, dump him. Although its so new, its probably not dumping him. Its just never returning his calls. He'll be so doped up he probably won't even know you never called back.

    Besides, Brad sounds cute!

    OK, & when you say your family invented rehab, do you mean the Kennedy's or your family of 20 brothers & sisters?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 1:52 PM  

  • (using megphone) STEP AWAY FROM THE DRUGGIE!

    Seriously, you don't want to be writing your own Starla story this time next year.

    Hey, Starla's living in her own hotel room right now, maybe we could intoduce them and they could share drugs and the hotel bill.

    By Blogger Angela, at 4:44 PM  

  • Have you read "Dry" by Auguston Burroughs? You should. This sounds like a snippet from the novel.

    By Blogger Bob, at 9:30 AM  

  • Ok, yes, sure you should dump the druggie... but not before you give him a better alias. I suggest Prince Valium. (Yeah, I stole it from Beetle Juice. So what!)

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home