Kiddo78

Friday, April 08, 2005

Dating Misadventures: Minneapolis Style

Okay, so my particular experiences don't really have anything to do with Minneapolis except that they all take place here, but I realized that I haven't done any commenting on recent dating disasters.

What is my problem??

So, cute Ryan decided that he needed "ME" time and is now only hanging out with his straight girlfriends, flying for Northwest and working at the tanning salon. Good for him. He wasn't that cute w/out his baseball cap on anyway. *AND* he prefers the suburbs to the city. Gag. F'him.

Erik, the cute U of MN boy, called me last week to invite me to coffee at Vera's (the little gay coffee house on Hennepin Ave). I would really like to see him again, but I already had plans with another Eric I met. I would have rather hung out with U of MN Erik. After regretfully declining, I told him to call me the next time he had a night open - he seemed disappointed, but hey - he only gave me last minute notice. I text msg'd him a couple days ago and haven't heard back. His friend Emily told me that he likes me and wants to see me again -- yeah, I'll believe that when my phone rings. If you remember, Erik is the one who said "we have to pretend to be boyfriends" when that white trash guy with a missing tooth kept bugging me at the bar. You can read about that night here.

The other Eric I mentioned and I met online. I know, I know...But I was really bored and tired of sitting home alone late one night. SO, anyway, he's pretty cute - 23. We met at my place last Monday night and went to Blockbuster, where we rented Raising Helen, good movie, btw (Kate Hudson is my celebrity girlfriend). Then we went to Green Mill in Uptown and got appetizers (I paid since I'm older) and a couple beers. Well, I had a couple beers - he couldn't get served b/c he forgot his ID and looks about 20. Anyway, we watched the movie and made out. He's pretty cute, but a little on the femmy side for me. I usually like 'em pretty butch...Anyway, he called the next day to ask if I wanted to go out that night -- the same night U of MN Erik later asked me to go to Vera's with him -- so, I agreed. We went to the chicken (college-aged gay boys) bar, The Saloon. *NOTE: I kinda miss being a chicken. The supplies are unlimited.* Some ugly random bought Eric a shot and I told him that he should thank him. The ugly random wound up sitting on the other side of Eric at the bar and they proceeded to talk, face-to-face, for the next 20 minutes while I just sat there. I got up and left. So, that's the end of him. For my emotions at that point, think Joan Crawford at the Pepsi board meeting...."DOoooooon't FUCK with me, fellasssss!!"

So then Sunday night, after my Mom's 65th birthday party in Lake City, I got back to Minneapolis and took a cab to The Bolt for our usual Sunday beer bust. Bill wound up running in to an old friend, James, who just returned to Minneapolis from Green Bay, WI, after he & boyfriend broke up. We went to The 19 Bar and then to my house. James is pretty cute, btw, and 25. I went to bed and he had the choice of sleeping on my couch bed with Bill (his friend of a few years) or with me in my room. He chose the couch, which was fine with me. Later he said it was too uncomfortable and came to my room. We made out for a while (god, I'm going to hell). I had to take him to Anoka - about 30 minutes away - the next day and we exchanged phone numbers. He actually didn't have his keys to get in, but wanted to wait there for his roommate to get home. So I called later to see if he got in okay, which he did (by climbing up to the balcony and almost getting arrested). So, I left it at, "Well, you've got my number -- call me whenever." Then, he was out the other night with some old, ugly guy!!! We only said hi. Bill said that James told him it was a blind date, but they left together! I was thorougly insulted and disgusted. Again, insert Joan Crawford comment here. I guess he wants a sugar daddy. Plus, he sang that "I will be your hero" song by Enrique, which gets me every time. And he sang it well and looked really cute. So, that made me want to do about 86 shots. Fucker.

What is with my dating luck??? I think I speak for most single, gay, over 25-year-olds when I humm, "It's a hard knock life for us...." (And, yes, I know it's not the greatest for you breeders, either....)

And the misadventures continue...

10 Comments:

  • Poor you! I do enjoy reading about your adventures even tho they are probably not so adventurous when you are living them. It is wierd how a lot of your dates all have the same name! Could ya change that because sometimes I have a hard time following...!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 12:37 PM  

  • I agree with walktrot...no more Erics. I can't keep everyone straight.....he he, no pun intended!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 1:08 PM  

  • haha.....in the past year or so my dating life has also been highly erratic and always good for a laugh or two. ah well, i guess there is something to be said for having stories to tell when one gets old and married.

    By Blogger Brechi, at 4:48 PM  

  • You're the only one who has as crazy of dating life as I do. Except you make out more - how does THAT happen?

    By Blogger Meg, at 6:12 PM  

  • OMG we must be twins seperated at birth, and by many years, and by gender, and by sexual preference, oh wait that is the same :)

    The white trash guy with a missing tooth always hits on me too.

    To help us all out maybe you could give them names like big Eric, little Eric, medium size Eric......

    By Blogger Angela, at 3:18 PM  

  • I could totally hear you telling this whole story to me. F him! And the Joan Crawford moments:
    renting Raising Helen $3.97
    beers & appetizers $26.00 (oh wait, its you drinking- $56.00)
    date talking to ugly guy for 20 mintues thus inducing a Joan Crawford Pepsi board meeting moment- priceless.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:55 PM  

  • This is my first time at "Sometimes, when I get nervous..." (I am SO proud that I get that quote! ;-) ) Your writing is GREAT. I can really hear your voice coming through. (For those of you keeping score, I'm a total stranger to Kiddo78.) Good stuff. I'll keep coming back.

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 7:46 AM  

  • wow kiddo you are getting new fans...how come no one new reads my blog...do I need to start making out with random Erics?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:24 AM  

  • that is one sad and crazy story :(

    i am so glad im not single anymore!

    By Blogger :), at 1:07 PM  

  • Hi new commentors!

    I'm glad my misadventures are entertaining you all! Somebody needs to gain something.

    Josh K: I'm pretty sure James didn't go to high school in Anoka - he would've been a few grades ahead of you anyway. I think he's 25...

    I'll try to give any future Erics some identifiers. There is U of MN Erik, and Little Eric - I don't think I'll be seeing them anymore, so not to worry about any further confusion.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home