Kiddo78

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Robbed

I was thrilled to get a call from Marshall Fields credit fraud yesterday asking me if I had recently purchased $800 in gift cards. The lady told me I should probably call my other credit cards to see if there was any suspicious activity. Yes, someone had stolen my debit card (checking account) number too and spent $580 at Eastbay (sporting goods/clothing catalog company) and $250 to Sprint. Then they tried to spend another $1300 at Eastbay. Wonderful. So now I need a new debit card and the bank's records say that I'm overdrawn on my checking account until it's all cleared up - which could take a month. Yay! I know who did it, I think, but can't really say anything about that. People are evil. And stupid. I now trust nobody.

6 Comments:

  • That is horrible! Poor you :( How can people do stuff like that? I would be a sweaty nervous wreck trying to be someone else!

    That robber seems to have pretty good taste, tho...as if that is a comfort. Probably would have been better if they were more the Dollar Store type of robber-person.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 2:36 PM  

  • I'm so sorry hon. Is this person who you suspect a friend? A lover? A closet case?'

    Sorry I had to make that joke.

    By Blogger Meg, at 4:17 PM  

  • you know who did it? ok, this person needs some serious butt-kicking. nice site...who's PJ?

    By Blogger Brechi, at 4:30 PM  

  • Oh I have a fear of this happeneing. I can't believe you think you know the person. The nerve.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 4:36 PM  

  • That sucks...I'm sorry. Kick the person's ass. We all got your back!

    By Blogger ab, at 4:45 PM  

  • I hope they can trace the bar codes on the gift cards and nail that mofo. That sucks.

    Somebody stole Isaac's identity a few years ago and they opened accounts at Zales and Home Depot and a couple of other places. I think they ran up $12,000 or so. Of course he wasn't responsible for any of it, but the paperwork was such a bitch.

    By Blogger Christine, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home