Kiddo78

Friday, March 18, 2005

It's AB-ulous!



I saw the commercial for Queer Abs today during 90210 and I seriously thought it was a joke. Are queers suddenly the abs experts?? I can just see some girl buying this for her boyfriend/husband and him hiding it for fear of his buddies seeing that he does the Queer Abs routine....DUH...what a joke. Then at the end of the commercial, one of the more butch guys says the video is "Fabulous!" and the queenie guy who looks like Carson from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" says, "No, it's AB-ulous!" Puke.

Speaking of "Queer Eye," I saw Thom when I was in Dallas for work. I decided to check out their gay bars (alone) and he walked in (with two unknowns) right as I was walking by the door. We both gave each other the look-over and he smiled. He's really not my type, but I was looking at him like, "hey, I know that guy..." Then I realized it was Thom from "Queer Eye" and abrubtly turned in the other direction b/c I didn't know what to say. Dumb. There goes my Pier 1 discount...Later that night, at the country bar across the street, I saw him two-stepping with a really cute guy. You don't see that every day...or anywhere but Dallas.


If I played my cards right, he'd be decorating my apartment...

6 Comments:

  • I don't know what to think about the Queer Abs. I've never seen the commercial, but I think it's probably meant for women who love gay men. Not a small market...

    By Blogger Christine, at 2:20 PM  

  • forget Thom. I want Ted to cook for me. Sweet and geeky - my kinda man.

    By Blogger Bob, at 8:24 PM  

  • I love Queer Eye. They crack me up. Queer Abs though, that's a different story. So strange!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:20 AM  

  • Thom is my favorite, too. I think he's incredibly funny & I really want to be his friend. But since my abs are covered by inches & inches of flab, they are definitely *not* AB-ulous, so Thom would reject my offer to be one of the best friend's he could ever have.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:51 PM  

  • hotbabe you know you are a magnet for gay men so the lack of abulousness much not have been holding them back so far!

    I haven't had cable since the Queer Eye phenomenon started so I can't say who my favorite is. :(

    By Blogger Christine, at 12:16 PM  

  • Hahah! That is so funny. I had a similar experience in NYC at Therapy. I was watching this guy that was watching me and I was thinking where do I know him from? I just kept staring (and drinking) and then I realized he was Clinton from TLC's "What Not To Wear." He was probably gagging over my casual wear.

    By Blogger jd, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home