Kiddo78

Monday, March 14, 2005

I survived 27 and all I got was this lousy T-shirt

Made it thru the weekend okay. My brother Judge wound up wanting to take me out for a couple on Friday. I went out to my car and my doors were frozen shut - would not budge. God bless Minnesota. That's never happened to me before. So, Judge picked me up and we went to Chili's in Golden Valley, where two girls he knows were meeting us. They were both 21. I guess Judge is robbing the cradle now....he's 28. Anyway, they were fun girls -- one of them is a student at Saint Thomas and the other is a stylist in St. Paul -- we had a few drinks and Judge brought me home. Scott and I walked down to The 19 Bar, where Bill met us with his new guy, Jeremy, who tried to set me up with some guy Bill and his friends call Batman. Apparently I threw a drink in his face or something, b/c I don't remember him. As planned, went to Rochester on Saturday and the wedding was pretty quiet. My old friend Shelly, from high school, was there too. We worked with the bride, Melissa, at a convenience store in Dodge Center called Budget Mart and the three of us hung out all the time from 1995-1996. As Shelly was leaving, the song "You and me goin' fishin' in the dark...." came on and we were all saying goodbye. I said, "Funny - if this were 10 years ago, we'd all be drunk and dancing..." I guess we're getting old. Also doesn't help that Melissa is pregnant and Shelly just gave birth to twins a few months ago...

After the wedding, friends Mike, Jess & Paul went with me to the bar called Bon's Buffet. Yeah - one side of the building is a Chinese buffet and the other, totally seperate, side is a bar that a lot of young Rochesterites frequent. There was an awesome '80s cover band playing called Vegas -- the lead singer was HOT, HOT, HOT. I had my picture taken with him at the end, of course, which I'll have to develep and post later. Mmmm...I wish I could remember their website - I'll have to ask Mike. But that guy was a hottie and so fun -- very good band. I think they're from Minneapolis....?

Last night was Showtunes at The Bolt. It was me, Bill, Jocelyn, Amanda, Mandy and Mandy. They played tons of songs that nobody knew, so it was kind of disappointing. We went to The '90s for a few minutes and it was teenie night there, so that was hell, and then we just finished the night at The 19. Nothing exciting enough to report about. The whole weekend was really like that. I've never really had a crazy-fun birthday....Maybe next year.

6 Comments:

  • What? No making out with some random in a lesbian bar bathroom? I thought you said you were a Kennedy. Where's the scandal?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:46 PM  

  • Sounds like a pretty good/tame birthday. I love 80's cover bands!

    What's with Ryan? No word from him on your birthday? Just like I told hot babe, you need to fire his ass.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:07 AM  

  • You've never had your doors frozen shut? Used to happen to me all the time... I remember once last winter when I was in Bubs and had to (half drunkenly) get hot water from the bartender, pour it over the door frame and then over the little window in the back of the cab, and put my (now wet) hands on the window and push, push push! (or tug, tug, tug on the door). It's zero fun, especially when it's below zero.

    Most embarrassing though, when you use the whole glass of hot water and have to go back for more.... especially in public where you look like a moron trying to break into your own car.

    By Blogger Meg, at 9:09 AM  

  • sounds like it was a good solid celebration for your 27th, if not crazy-fun. 27 was a great year for me (over in 3 days!) and I hope that it is for you too!

    By Blogger Christine, at 9:41 AM  

  • Happy Happy birthday:)

    I have not been able to comment and actually thought...I wonder if kiddo thinks I am mean for not wishing him a happy birthday.Happy happy happy happy birhtday:)There hopefully I made up for it:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:58 AM  

  • Thanks for the bday messages! I didn't actually throw a drink in his face...reading the post again, what I said doesn't really make sense. Anyway, I don't remember that Batman guy so much.

    Ryan did actually leave a message (a really cute, nice one) on my Bday. I called him back a little bit later and he was in a store w/ some friends, so was talking to them the whole time...I just said, "yeah, I'll let you go." We haven't talked since. Pretty sure there's nothing more to work with at this point. Confusing.

    Stacy - I was wondering if you weren't able to comment! Hopefully you will be able to again sometime.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home