Kiddo78

Friday, March 11, 2005

It's a small gay world...

Last night Bill and I were at The Bolt and I wanted to head to the '90s for the drag show (it is my birthday week, after all). Well, this kinda cute guy standing at the bar kept looking at Bill and smiling. Bill asks if we can just stay at The Bolt for a while since this guy is checking him out - even though he knows I'm not having fun (and it's my birthday week). So, I reluctantly agreed. Except Bill isn't doing anything to acknowledge this guy, so I finally did the "oh, for god's sake..." got up from the table, marched over to the guy and said, "You better go say hi to him. He wants you to. And he sure as hell isn't going to come talk to you." I turned around and ordered a drink. Eventually the guy joins us - I can't remember his name, so let's just call him Random Joe. It turns out that Random Joe recently moved here from Chicago, so we do a little Chicago small-talk since I lived there for about 5 minutes several years ago. We start talking about Chicago neighborhoods around Boys' Town -- like Lakeview, Andersonville, Wicker Park, etc., etc. Then I said, "Ohhh - I dated a guy who lived in Edgewater." Then I said to Bill, "That was that Chicago Chad I've talked about..." Random Joe says, "I dated a Chad in Edgewater too." And, being fecicous since Chicago is HUGE, I said, "Ohhhh....the Edgewater Chad originally from Dallas....???" Hahaha. Random Joe said "YES!!" Yeah, we dated the same guy in Chicago and randomly meet in Minneapolis??? WEIRD.


Good ol, Chicago...

3 Comments:

  • Its all so incestuous. Reminds me of a soap opera- a big gay soap opera.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:41 PM  

  • Did you have any gushy stories to swap?

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 3:14 PM  

  • That's too funny. I also love how you feel that you should be treated well because it's your birthday WEEK, not just your birthday. Me too. Unfortunately no one else will comply. Bitches all.

    By Blogger Christine, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home