Kiddo78

Thursday, March 17, 2005

March 17 - a few things I remember


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We all know March 17 is St. Patrick's Day. I know I drank green beer in 2000 when I was a senior in college, otherwise I've never really paid much attention to it. I think there's even some Irish in my blood, but still - haven't really gone out of my way to recognize March 17.

I got my driver's license on March 17, 1994. That's exciting. And my instructor looked like a leprechaun with his green inspector jacket.

One year ago tonight, I was still living in Winona and this hot guy I had met out in La Crosse, Wisconsin (close to Winona), a couple times called and asked if I'd meet him at the same bar. When I got there, I realized that it wasn't a date at all; he had invited a bunch of people to go out for St. Patrick's Day. OH well. I still wound up in a hottub with him and his also very hot (and gay) cousin at their hotel (they were from Eau Claire, Wis., which is prolly 45 minutes from La Crosse). I felt so out of place with those two. They *obviously* went to the gym a lot and although I'm not chubby, definitely not in the same caliber and could visibly stand to do some toning. Anyway, I fooled around with him in their room that night. I forgot his name now even though we continued to talk for a few months until he moved to Florida. I'm kind of motivated to start my gym routine again now. I'm sure that feeling will pass.

Those are my St. Patrick's Day memories. I don't know what I'm doing tonight. Probably not making out with a hot guy in his hotel room, though...

3 Comments:

  • My St. Patricks Day? Watching drunk people get accosted by the NYPD, who have officially outlawed carrying alcoholic beverages on the NYC streets or public transport (i.e. SUBWAYS).

    But who knew that was legal in the first place????

    I did. I have drank a Bud Light 40 on the 2/3 from Bklyn to Manhattan. Way to go, me.

    I'm still not as classy as Reid. I'm going to send him our diet book on how not to be fat.

    By Blogger Meg, at 4:24 PM  

  • La Crosse has an "Irish" bar now, called Bennett O'Reily's. It was very green and very packed last night. And there were gay boys there, but none were very cute.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • I had a bowl of lucky charms and wore a green fleece coat...I really know how to party.

    I love your profile picture...You look so cute:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home