Kiddo78

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Here we go again

Well, since Ryan left the nice birthday message on Saturday, I haven't heard from him. I've taken my hint. But I still feel like I want to call him just to make sure he's not thinking the same about me, like - "if he liked me, he'd call..." Would that be dumb to do?? I would like to date him, but I'm thinking he doesn't feel the same, despite his claims whenever we hung out. I didn't take him for a "player," but then, if he weren't a player it would be against the law for me to be interested...I am usually only interested in the guys who provide a bit of a challenge -- but then I hate the challenge while it's happening. Grrr...I'm dumb.

So, remember that night I went out and three guys were showing interest in me, but I was well-behaved b/c I had just met Ryan?? The one guy I was actually talking to that night, Eric (a friend of a friend), was out with the same friend the other night and we saw each other again. He is CUTE. So, the one-toothed wonder (gay Jerry Springer guest) was also out and trying to talk to me every three seconds, so Eric decides to pretend that we're boyfriends and is all over me. That led into us making out for real right there at the table - our friends left the table. How embarassing. So, anyway we made out a lot and he came home w/ me. He is really cute & funny, but only 21 and brand new to being out. That can sometimes lead to drama -- a cute 21 year old guy shouldn't probably dive right into dating someone. He claims interest in wanting to hang out more...but, at this point, I'll just think of him as a cute, funny guy to hang out with since he's only 21 and a "newbie." Eric's on spring break from the U of MN, so he's in Chicago for the weekend -- maybe you'll see him, Robert! He asked if he could call me when he got back -- certainly!

Anyway -- ADVICE REQUEST: call Ryan & ask him or just figure he'd call me if he wanted to....??? Oh, where's Ann Landers when you need her...??

7 Comments:

  • That is a toughy. I would say that if you have made it clear to Ryan that you are interested then let him call you. If he knows you are interested and he feels the same then he will call. He did make the effort to call on your b-day, so it could be a good sign. In the mean time, just have fun with the 21 year old. He isn't THAT much younger than you. He is legal to drink, which makes him legal for everything else. :)

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 2:43 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 2:47 PM  

  • I hate to say it, but since the last time you talked after his b-day vmail was when you called him & he was busy talking to his friends at a store so you had to let him go... that you should probably let things fizzle.

    He had his chance. And now you have a new toy to play with. Focus on that. Lord knows I would.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:56 PM  

  • Denverboy has given my exact same feelings on this...I hate Ryan...he is a big player...sorry I am crabby today and have decided to attatch it to Ryan.That is exactly what is happening...he likes you,thinks your cute,wants to keep up things with you as well as whomever else comes into the picture...I tell you I don't like it one bit kiddo...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:42 PM  

  • Thanks for the words of wisdom. Before anyone commented, I left him a matter-of-fact voicemail saying that I could tell he must not really want to see or talk to me and that if he didn't want to call back, I'd officially take the hint. He left me a VM last night saying "I don't really know what I want right now...I'm super-busy with work and just kind of enjoying my new place....blah blah blah...I'll call you tomorrow when I get back from Phoenix and I hope you feel better." I told him that I've been sick. Who knows...In the meantime, yes, I will enjoy the company of cute, 21-yr-old Erik.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 5:10 PM  

  • Drop him. He's too busy traveling and enjoying his new place. That's what he wants right now.

    By Blogger Bob, at 7:04 PM  

  • Jeese, all that relationship stuff seems so complicated and difficult. I don't know how you guys do it.

    By Blogger dan, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home