Kiddo78

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Brandon is annoying

My interest in Beverly Hills 90210 has resurfaced after many years. I remember the pilot episode airing in the fall of 1990, when I was in 7th grade and the zany 90210 gang was in 10th grade. Brandon and Brenda had just moved there from, where else, but Minneapolis. Kelly didn't want this geek to sit next to her in chemistry(?) class, so hurried Brenda over to sit down and they became instant friends and that's how Brenda & Brandon "got in" to the A-group.

Watching it, I'm thinking "Dylan so does not look like he's a high school student...he has a receding hairline!" I think he was in his 30s already. It's only a T.V. show, but it is so cheesy. And Brandon?? How did he get so wise beyond his years?? He annoys me. I just want to pull him out of that yellow '65 Mustang and pour vodka down his throat and blow my cigarette in his face and repeatedly drop the F-bomb. He needs some serious chemical inducement. Emily Valentine should have tried to be a worse influence on him...

Did you know that Matthew Perry guest starred as a rich athletic senior who wanted to kill his dad?? Far cry from Chandler Bing.

And what was up with that Scott kid shooting himself? I forgot all about that until the episode aired on Monday.

Donna -- don't even get me started...She is quite obviously the producer's daughter because her acting is about as bad as a local commercial.

BUT -- I *am* the one who watches it on the Soap Network every day, so what does that say about me?? Oh well.


The gang's all here

10 Comments:

  • How funny to find another reluctant fan of 90210! I began the embarassing addiction a few years ago when I was home from work for 6 weeks after an operation. Good gawd...the darn show was on twice a day so I quickly caught on to the plot...as if that would be difficult on a less frequent schedule. My younger brother, who works in the auto racing circle, phoned me one day to tell me he had recently "hung out" with "Brandon from 90210"...or just "Jason", for work-related reasons. He even has his cell # b/c they wanted to "keep in touch". BTW, I hate Donna and her boobs. Who can even walk in those platform shoes??

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 8:53 PM  

  • Oh Bev Niner. I loved that show.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:37 AM  

  • Donna Martin graduates!

    I was just talking to Kelly the other day about how Brenda never should've pretended to be French because it was ridiculously unbelievable *and* incredibly insensitive to Dillion. And she says she loves him. Who's she kiddin..., oh, wait, Donna's on the other line. Something about David breaking up with her because she refuses to give up her beliefs & sleep with him. I gotta go.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:12 AM  

  • Perhaps we should all meet at The Peach Pit and discuss...

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 10:57 AM  

  • I LOVED 90210. I'm slightly annoyed by it in reruns, though. Especialy when Kelly calls Brenda "Brinda". It makes me want to throw things at the TV.

    By Blogger ab, at 12:49 PM  

  • Ohhh - the Peach Pit. I bet those hip West Beverly kids just *loved* the oldies music in there. As if...

    I've never noticed Kelly say "Brinda," but that is funny. I'll have to pay closer attention.

    WalkTrot: is Jason P. involved in racing too??

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 3:06 PM  

  • Oh, JP fancies himself a regular ol' Paul Newman/Tom Cruise wannabe racer. Don't you remember his big crash a few years ago? He was hurt pretty badly.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:51 PM  

  • The whole "Brinda" pronounciation drove me nuts as well. ...and yes, JP was/in racing. SmallBro says he has had major Psurgery and is looking quite similar to his pre-accident/90210 self. Believe me, SmallBro was forced by BigSis to give all details! Tho SmallBro now works for NASCAR (uggh!), he still keeps in touch w/our Brandon who is creeping back to racing with his new plastic face.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:19 PM  

  • All I want to say is I loved 90210 and hated steves hair.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:46 PM  

  • Awwww....I think Steve is cute!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home