Kiddo78

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Taxi Cab Confessions

Since our Easter dinner was happening on Sunday instead of Saturday like I originally thought, I decided to stay in Mpls on Friday and head home on Saturday evening. So, friend Scott and I rented the second Bridget Jones movie and had a couple drinks. Then my old friend from Dodge Center, Jill, called me to say she was in Mpls w/ another friend of hers and did I want to meet them at the Gay '90s. So after the movie, I took a cab there and hung out with them. We watched a little of the drag show and then went to the retro bar (there are about 6 different bar areas inside the '90s) where we danced to all their fun '70s and '80s music - it was a good time. So we parted ways at closing and I was on a mission to find a cab - it's nearly impossible to find a cab at bar close downtown...Anyway, this cute guy was hailing all the same cabs I was trying for. Finally I asked him where he was going and he said Uptown. My apartment is on the way there, so I suggested sharing a cab (I'm a good sharer). It took about 20 minutes, at least, but in the meantime we did some talking. He was wearing some sort of Band-Aid thing on his nose b/c he had been in a fight and he also had drops of blood on his all white tennis shoes - but he didn't look like a loser, just a cute guy who had happened to get in a little scuffle. He said he was sticking up for his gay cousin (or someone) and so that got my attention, of course. I stopped traffic with my Kennedy attitude and finally got one of the empty cabs. On the way to my apartment he mentioned that he might be gay, but I kinda thought he was just kidding, but then he got out with me instead of continuing on to Uptown, so I thought 'whatever...' Once inside, we had a cocktail and did some more talking. He was asking if I thought he was good looking and how long have I been out and what did my friends think when I first told them, but then also, "Ohhh...but I'm not gay...." A little bit later, and I'm not even sure how it happened, we were making out and he declared that he is gay and has never told anyone. We messed around a little bit, but then I got up to use the bathroom and he was passed out when I got back! When I woke up the next morning he was asleep on the floor with my coat as a blanket - he taken his socks off and thrown them across the room too, which I thought was kind of funny. Then my bathroom rug was all wet, so I hope he didn't think it was the toilet at some point that night. He woke up shortly thereafter and didn't seem to remember a thing -- called a couple of his friends he was supposed to meet and thanked me for letting him crash and left. I'm not even sure what his name was - I'll just call him Random Closeted Joe. Very cute though. I think he's about 23 or so. Just another crazy occurrence for me - that's about the 4th time that's happened to me. I guess I'm a magnet for the closet cases....No complaints here!

7 Comments:

  • UPDATE: Random Taxi Joe called me a few minutes ago (I took the liberty of putting my number in his pocket when he passed out to make sure he had it in case he wanted to make out again). Anyway, he wanted to know if anything more than just making out happened on Friday night...He was very worried that 1.) I thought he was gay and 2.) that I thought he was trying to lead me on or deceive me. He was really very apologetic and said his medication has made him do crazy things while drinking lately. I just went along with him - I mean, he is very nice. I'm sorry for him that he's still so in the closet. Finally, he asked if he could call to hang out when he's in the area again (he lives outside the Twin Cities somewhere)...I said,"Sure, as long as you get drunk and turn gay again." Just kidding. I'd hang out with him - seems like a cool guy. Plus, he can get in a fight while sticking up for me and that is really cute...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 7:02 PM  

  • "But I'm not gay..." Oh my goodness what a crazy funny story. I hope the poor Joe figures himself out. Has a similar scenario really happened 3 times before? You must have a non-judgmental look about you. The benevolent Kennedy gaze...or something like that.

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:58 PM  

  • "I'm not gay." Right. That's like Kirstie Alley saying "I'm don't have an eating problem," after screaming at the pimply faced kid at the McDs drive thru "I said to supersize it you short bus riding runt!"

    By Blogger hot babe, at 8:07 PM  

  • I'm so sure he's not gay. But what a cool story! Unexpected things like that make life exciting.

    By Blogger ab, at 10:16 PM  

  • That story is great! Only Kiddo. Maybe you could be the reason he "comes out". You must have some charm!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:09 AM  

  • What a great story...I love your analysis of the whole thing. Poor guy-in-the-closet...at least you were nice to him!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:43 AM  

  • Way too many things to comment on...!
    1st-I love the retro bar at the 90's they always used to close with last dance by Donna Summer...me and my friend Zak owned the stage...well,I thought we did until I got hope and did a reinactment of my dance moves and decided that the dance moves of that night need to be off limits for future retro bar evenings.

    2nd- I am not gay but would love to make out with you after a drink or two are my favorite stories...they are never good relationships though...because the making out is followed by coming out,then an obsession with the bar,rainbows,and pink triangles...way too into being out to be a boyfriend.

    3rd-His socks off and thrown into a ball across the room is my favorite part of the story...I laughed hysterically.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home