Kiddo78

Friday, March 25, 2005

"Thank you, Easter Bunny! Bawk, bawk!"



Remember that Cadbury's commercial? I was just thinking of a time when I actually looked forward to Easter. Now I'm going home this weekend just b/c Easter is still kind of a family holiday, but it doesn't mean anything to me anymore. We always had Easter baskets full of candy hidden on Easter morning. I can't remember exactly what was in them besides jelly beans and Robin Eggs and probably a chocolate bunny, but I know my friends always got all the really good stuff like Peeps and other popular Easter candy. We'd also get little toys. It was fun. I loved dying eggs -- we used coffee cups and empty egg cartons. I think one year, in fact I know, my brother and I got new bikes! That was a good Easter. Anyway, hope you have a chocolate, candy-filled weekend! I'm thinking about getting back early enough on Sunday to go to Showtunes. I bet they'll play a scene from Easter Parade with Judy Garland...

7 Comments:

  • Must be a midwestern thing...I too remember the hidden Easter baskets. It was very exciting! One year my sister's basket was hidden in the laundry chute and the laundry chute happened to be metal. All of Anne's candy was melted into a big chocolate/easter grass blob. The rest of us had to share our candy with her b/c the p's said the Easter Bunny had made a big mistake. Now we know the Easter Bunny had had quite the cocktail hour that evening. (At least I know where I get my habits!) Now as an adult (with no kids) it is kind of uneventful...but the chocolate is still tasty :)

    Have a safe trip (hopefully it isn't far) and just relax and enjoy...ok, maybe go around the house and see if there is a basket hidden somewhere...LOL

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 6:43 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 6:44 PM  

  • I loved finding my Easter basket. We did it for my brother too, so I was still getting a hidden easter basket when I came home from college. Always a chocolate bunny, and sometimes Cadbury creme eggs if we were really lucky. Maybe the marketing was what got to me, as I'm very devoted to them still.

    By Blogger Christine, at 9:26 AM  

  • Happy Belated Easter Kiddo! I hope it was filled with candy and new bikes!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:12 AM  

  • I hated that damn kid! Thank you Easter Bunny! He sounded "special" so I always was pissed that he got a stupid commercial while I, with all my undiscovered talent, had to sit back & watch him.

    Stupid kid.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 11:24 AM  

  • Easter was love/hate with me when I was a kid, because I loved decorating the eggs and hunting for them all over the house, but then my mom would make me eat them for the next week and I was anti-egg back then. But I LOVE Cadbury Cream Eggs.

    By Blogger dan, at 3:21 PM  

  • It was NOT a Cadbury Commercial!!

    It was an M&M COMMERCIAL!

    see it here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84k6ORokXL4

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home