Kiddo78

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ummm...what's daylight look like?

It's 11:oo p.m. on Tuesday night and I'm just finishing work. Granted, I did take a small break for lunch and a healthy break for dinner, but c'mon! I haven't left my apartment since I got home Sunday night. That's right - I haven't even been outside to smoke (I've been smoking inside because it got kinda cool outside again) - I haven't even opened my apartment door since it shut Sunday night. That is sad. What am I now, a shut in?! Some group of do-gooders will probably come here at Christmastime with a basket of candy since I don't have anyone else to wish me holiday greetings and nowhere to go!! Sad, sad, sad...

Now, I'm going to see if I have any money in my even more sad checking account and get the hell out of here for a while.

I *so* better get promoted. Then again, if it's going to be like this all the time, maybe I don't want to be promoted! The senior recruiters tell me it gets easier, though, once you have a pipeline of candidates whom you've been working with...takes a while at first.

Anyway, get me out of here!!

Oh, American Eagle Brad is now "confused about alot" he said over text this afternoon. I'll be getting to the bottom of this. He's supposed to call back in 5 minutes.

Haven't heard from CR Valium since the dinner party on Saturday night.

It just keeps getting better & better...

3 Comments:

  • Well at least you don't have a commute on top of the long hours. There's something. I used to work at an ad agency that catered to HR & recruiters. We brought in all of their candidates. Those people were some of the most hard working people I had ever met. Kepp it up, it will pay off.

    By Blogger ab, at 11:21 AM  

  • Long hours stink! ...but it is always like that with a newer job when you are trying to suck up and look good. Remember, a long day calls for a relaxing cocktail hour!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 11:50 AM  

  • At least you can work in your undies if you want! I hope you got out and had a drink. Sheish!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home