Kiddo78

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I need to get out more...



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

These are all the states I've been to - only 37%. I should really do more traveling within my own country before I venture to Europe again! It looks kinda funny that I've been to all the states surrounding Nebraska, like I'm avoiding it! Well, Missouri barely borders Nebraska and I haven't been there either. I hear Omaha is a fun city and I'd also like visit St. Louis & Kansas City in Missouri. I counted New Jersey even though I've only been to the Newark airport, but I ran out on some roof exit to smoke with a guy who was either with a Swedish band or going to Sweden with his own band. We had just enough time to choke one down before the long flight to London. Anyway, I think that constitutes having been in Jersey. I drove through New York, a little of Pennsylvania and Ohio to get back from Niagara Falls, but hey - still been there! We ate in Buffalo and I think had a restroom break in Pennsylvania, so that's good enough for me.

We didn't travel much when I was a kid. Well, we never did. Every summer my Mom, brother and I would make the 10-hour drive to her parents' in the Black Hills of South Dakota, but that's about it. Wisconsin and Iowa were close, so we went there once in a while. My dad's office was in Iowa for a while. My dad traveled without us. He won trips to Mexico, DC and San Diego for selling a lot of insurance, but he'd take his girlfriend instead of his family. Nice.

Vacation idea for those who want more U.S. travel: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. I loved it there. Much fun and beautiful. The Black Hills of South Dakota (Mount Rushmore) are very nice too. Of course, don't forget the Twin Cities, Mississippi River Valley and northwoods of Minnesota!

4 Comments:

  • Yea! At least you have been to Kansas. You should avoid Nebraska like the plague. But Kansas City rocks so come visit!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:54 PM  

  • I see you have also wandered Indiana! I am surprised you didn't stay with all of the excitement here...lol

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 5:31 AM  

  • Who on earth told you Omaha is fun? I lived there for a year after undergrad & it sucked. Well, OK, so my dad was sick, I was working at KMart, only friends were fellow KMart employees, most of whom were under 18, all of whom were under 21... I guess if I ever went there with friends I could possibly have fun. But the visits with my family are enough & usually just involve trips to the mall, Target or a movie theater. They do have kick ass big movie theaters, though. They're a test market for stuff- the mega huge 24 theaters, one of the 1st Super Targets- years before we had one in MN.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:51 PM  

  • i only have 19%

    By Blogger jd, at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home