Kiddo78

Monday, May 09, 2005

The weekend that was

Well, well, well -- here we are on Monday again. Why was Monday ever invented? I guess I wouldn't care about Mondays if it weren't for the whole employment thing. Anyway, my weekend was pretty good. Let's see -- on Friday, what did I do? What the hell *did* I do?? I don't remember. Oh, I went to see friend Scott's new apartment in Saint Louis Park. His friend just moved here from California, so I got to meet her too. The reason my memory was a little fuzzy? Yeah, we went to The Red Dragon, a divey Chinese restaurant/cocktail lounge near my house. I had their famous Wonderous Punch - then Scott's roommate, Roxanne, bought a Long Island for me and then a Captain Coke. I stumbled out of there - those Wonderous Punches will knock you on your ass. Even me and I go out more often than Paris Hilton. So I ended the night at The 19 Bar, where Bill was with his new guy. That's all fuzzy.

Saturday I accomplished nothing, which is a shame because I really need to clean the apartment and buy groceries. Oh well. I did go for a walk to Target downtown to pick up a few essentials. Then I met Bill and group for his birthday celebration/cancer fundraiser event at a neighborhood dive, Porter's. That wasn't too exciting - a lot of bad karaoke. We left and went to The 19 Bar. I was standing there talking to the roommate of Bill's new guy and noticed a cute guy standing alone. I hate seeing cute guys out alone, but I kind of like it too, because they're easy to approach. Anyway, I asked him where his friends were and he said nobody wanted to go out, so he came alone. We talked & talked for a long time. His name is Mike. Turns out he lives in the same building as I do! So we went home and made out. We're supposed to hang out tomorrow night -- he's having his traditional Monday night coffee with a friend tonight. Nice guy. He's 33, but I guessed him to be 28 when we met. So, we'll see...

Bill wanted to continue his birthday weekend last night, so I met him for Showtunes at The Bolt - I got there pretty late, though. That place is starting to bug me. They always play the same stuff week after week. And it seems like the group I know never knows any of the cute guys there, but there's a bunch of guys I'm not interested in coming to our table to say hi. "Yeahhh...are you a Hobbit?? Keep movin', thanks..." At least they extended the size of the smoking patio, which used to be so annoyingly crowded. Like sardine can crowded - not good when you don't like ugly strangers invading your personal space and bumping in to you. Huge pet peeve (sorry Tara) of mine!!

Today is Bill's actual birthday, so I agreed to go to The 90s with him for karoke and two-for-ones. Ughhh...I need to stay home some night! I've got some reading to catch up on, not to mention cleaning and grocery shopping. My apartment is a wreck and the cupboards and fridgie are bare - like jar of pickles, bottle of ketchup and some butter bare. It's not good. The take out people at the delivery sandwich place, Caffrey's (yum) know me by name now. That's always good...

3 Comments:

  • Who cares if your apartment isn't clean or that you have no food...you have a social life! Lucky duck!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 8:00 AM  

  • Are you a Hobbit?! Love it!

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:28 PM  

  • The apartment is a mess but you're a total social butterfly. Have fun!

    By Blogger ab, at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home