Kiddo78

Friday, May 06, 2005

Fat Actress - I'm Lovin' It

Do you get Showtime?? If so, you need to watch Kirstie Alley in Fat Actress. It's hysterical. She plays herself, and there are lots of celebrities making an appearance and playing themselves too (Kid Rock, John Travolta, Leea Remeny, Rhea Perlman, Merv Griffin, etc.), however, it was interesting to learn that there's no script. There are actors who play a character, but they improvise everything. Very clever. I was most surprised to see that Mayim Bialak, Blossom (!), is her neighbor. She's packed on some pounds too. Kirstie's personal assistants are Kevyn (Rachael Harris -- that blonde comediene with glasses who always comments on "I Love the '80s," et. al., on VH1). Her dry wit is great. And the other personal assistant, Eddie Falcone (played by Bryan Callen) is very cute. Love him.

My favorite episode -- there's only been 7 so far -- is when some whacky doctor convinces Kirstie to go on the diet called the Koi Effect where you surround yourself with smaller things to lose weight. So she starts hanging out with little people and talking in a teeny voice. Anyway, kind of one of those "you have to see it for yourself" type things, but this show is great. I hope episode 8 comes out soon. Can a whole season only consist of 7 episodes??


Kirstie, Kevyn and Eddie bitch about stuff

5 Comments:

  • That guy is cute. Blossom is on the show? Wow. I'm still dying to see Dan's Blossom video ever since Stacy mentioned it.

    I totally don't get Showtime and probably never will though, so I 'll have to wait for the DVDs.

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:51 AM  

  • Christine~If you think our Blossom episode sounds good you should see our little house episode...we did the episode where Mary goes blind and I was cast as the lead...well I was Mary so the lead for that show anyway.Dan was pa with the funniest yarn wig you would ever see in your life...it was not a wig really just a big bunch of yarn.I seriously have the best friends...99.9 percent of America would have thought we were the biggest nerds around but we had fun.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:04 PM  

  • I don't know why but Kirstey Alley bugs the crap out of me.

    By Blogger ab, at 6:23 PM  

  • I loved this series too, but I think production has been halted.

    Kevyn and Eddie are the best. The ep where Kevyn is high on crack was hilarious with her acting all sexy. And I was dying when Blossom turned on her old theme song and started dancing around in another episode.

    The whole show is so absurd, which is what makes it great.

    By Blogger Ry, at 11:17 AM  

  • The cable company offered me free HBO but no offer of free Showtime. I do think I'd love this show, though.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home