Kiddo78

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Isn't it Romantic...?

Last night, the new guy I met on Saturday, Mike (who lives in my building), and I watched a movie down in his apartment. Reviewing his DVD collection and clearly not really thinking about the fact that it was really the first planned time we were hanging out, I decided to pick Cujo as the movie of the evening. Yeah - that's one to really get you in a romantic mood. Anyway, I hadn't see the whole thing in probably 15 years or more, so it sounded kinda good. I don't think Mike cared because he has a ton of horror movies. Anyway, I don't really do "well" with scary movies. I was literally shaking a little and certainly having a mild heart attack/stroke when Donna (Dee Wallace) was being attacked by Cujo in the front seat. And that damn gay little boy, Tad (Danny Pintauro), was screaming his fool head off. Very stressful movie. Not a good choice by me for a first official "hang out with a new guy movie," but whatever. I still enjoyed seeing it again. I had totally forgotten how disturbed I was by that movie as a child because my Mom looked pretty similar to Dee Wallace back then. And, of course, I related to Tad as a fellow gay little boy, so it just really hit close to home in 1983. I would still be in therapy if my Mom had driven a Pinto at the time.

3 Comments:

  • That car scene always freak me out. And I completely forgot that the little boy is the same little boy from Who's the Boss.

    By Blogger ab, at 9:55 AM  

  • You want to talk about poor first-date DVD selections... once I selected "Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary" - its a documentary where Hitler's secreatary talks about his last days. Not really all that conducive to a romantic evening.

    But at least I think it made me look a little smart or something.

    By Blogger Ry, at 11:21 AM  

  • I have never seen Cujo. I don't think I ever will either. Yikes!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home