Kiddo78

Monday, June 06, 2005

It's Monday again

Were Mondays created just to make us realize what hell would be like?? Seriously, they suck.

Anyway -- I had a pretty good weekend. At least I didn't slap anyone this time. On Friday night, I went to Jeff's in St. Louis Park where he was hanging out with his roommate and her crazy friend, Tara. The roommate and Tara are both nurses. Tara is 25 and quite a looker - and quite a personality. I think I need to set her up with my brother, who's 28 and single. He would like her - like'r a lah...

So, we went to Park Tavern and Tara was being quite flirtatious....with me. Jeff and his roommate were even like, "umm...does she know you're gay??" So, whatevah. We played some pool --first time I've played in years and I'm awful-- and had some drinks. The roommate, Sh., started to feel sick so I drove her home. She sprawled in my backseat with the windows open. When we got to the complex she hurled - thank god she opened the door first. Then she didn't have her garage opener, so we had to run around the building like gazelles b/c the sprinkler system was on. I was wearing flip-flops and they kept sliding off. I'm clearly no Olympian when it comes to sprinting around sprinklers and trees at night. Roommate catapulted herself up the deck railing to get in to the apartment. I'd like to see Mary Lou Retton do that after vomiting from booze. I was quite impressed. Then met up with Jeff and Tara back at the ranch...I mean Park Tavern. We stayed up until about 6:00 and Tara even crashed in bed with Jeff and me. She was gone by the time we woke up -- she probably came to her senses and realized she was in bed with two gay men, therefore it was a useless effort. Poor thing. I'll hook her up with by bro.

Jeff, Sh., and I went to the Edina Art Fair on Saturday afternoon. Edina is a hoitey-toitey suburb of Minneapolis. Cake eaters. It started to rain so we didn't stay long and decided to get lunch at the Uptown Bar & Grill. That put us in the mood for more Park Tavern, so we went there and I actually participated in the bowling. I haven't bowled in five years or more - the last time I went I sprained my ass. Really. But I didn't even sprain my ass this time. I even almost got 100. We had to put in a buck every time we guttered it, then the winner kept the pot. Sh. won all three rounds. Oh well, I was just glad I didn't break any bones. I only guttered it about five times. Maybe not even.

We decided that we should go back to the apartment and have wine and steak. I think we each had one glass of wine when it was time to use their apartment pool. I didn't have any trunks and Jeff only has fancy little numbers that Go-Go Boys would wear, so I opted to swim in me boxers. Sh. used to be a lifeguard, so she put us through training like a drill instructor. We had to hold on to the edge and keep our legs kicking while hoisting upper body out of pool, like a push up. That will get ya in shape pretty fast, believe me. Then we had to put our legs on the edge and go down in the water until our back was level with the wall and hoist up. Good for the abs. All of this led to feeling very sore and out of shape on Sunday.

My good friend Mike, from Winona, called to say he was in town earlier that evening and that they were going to be at Elsie's Bowling & Karaoke Center in NE Minneapolis that night. Jeff and I went there at about 11:00, but the fools were already gone by the time we got there, so we talked to some regulars and fought with the host for the microphone...apparently he thought he should sing every other song. I've never really done karaoke, but there was hardly anyone there, so I thought 'what the hell' and so I sang "You're So Vain" by Carley Simon. I don't think I did very well, but whatev. Jeff sang "In the Ghetto" by Elvis since we were close to the ghetto. Oh, and he sang "Copacabana" too. He's funny.

Tried to hang out by my own apartment pool yesterday, but of course it started to rain as soon as we got out there. Went to Showtunes and Jeff stayed over last night. He asked if we could be friends with benefits b/c he likes me and likes to hang out but doesn't want a relationship with anyone right now. I'll play along with his idea and trick him into a relationship. Seriously, I have my own sneaky agenda....

Oh, and I'm going to his reunion/birthday celebration in his hometown in North Dakota next month....THAT should be intersting. Danny and Sh. are going too. I guess his family is all wild and fun. I must bring my camera! I have three rolls of film that need developing and posting on here. It's going to be picture madness, folks, so be warned...

4 Comments:

  • How exactly do you sprain your ass? I wonder if I have ever done it.

    By Blogger ab, at 9:04 PM  

  • I'd love to see Mary Lou all boozed up vaulting over railings. Sweet!

    Sounds like an eventful weekend, as usual. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Kiddo!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:50 PM  

  • I feel a little shaky, I can't control my nerves
    I know you think I'm fakin', but can't you feel the curves?
    I swear to you I feel it, it scares me half to death
    It gathers in my throat and it gathers up my breath

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

  • Mary Lou! Hilarious.

    As for Jeff, I say F him! Get rid of him. You can do better!

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home