Kiddo78

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Psychic Lady was right: Karma is *pissed* at me

Well, I guess the Tarot cards spelled it out pretty clearly. I've done something to really anger Karma, b/c she's kicking me in the ass with a vengeance.

My car needs a new engine. It will cost about $2000-3000 to repair and that's with a used engine too. I've left a message for my bro-in-law who knows about all that kinda stuff asking him what he thinks I should do, since I don't know if my car is even worth $3000 at this point.

*THEN* I almost quit my job, and at the very least, pissed off my VP. She called today to tell me that I needed to go to the MN office tomorrow for inventory check on my laptop. I informed her that I never went to pick up my laptop in the first place, that I just use my home computer for work. She seemed a little displeased by this - why, I don't know. She calls back to say they still need me there since the laptop is in my name, so I agree to go the office, 20 minutes away, at Noon tomorrow. I forget that I don't have a car right now, so leave her a message an hour later saying, "oops - I forgot my car is in the shop, so I don't know what to do now." Then she called back with major attitude, like, "You *forgot* your car is in the shop??? Well, You still need to be there....you need to figure out a way to get there...take a cab...blah, blah, blah...bitch, bitch, bitch." I was so livid that I got attitude back to her, saying, "I'm not spending $40 on a cab...my friends all work...I guess I'll see what I can do...and by the way, were you still planning on having me continue doing the work of a senior recruiter at a junior recruiter's salary??"

I'll probably get fired --- again.

My bro-in-law just called back to say "don't spend the money fixing it; get rid of it." So now I need to have the car towed back to my apartment and probably put an ad on CarSoup.com or something.

Anyone need a black 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with no engine? I've had it since 2000 and it has been a great car up until now. Anyone? Anyone?? Yeah, thought so...

As Martin Zeller of the Gear Daddies would sing, "Sometimes, I swear, I need a drink."


Goodbye, old friend...

This car has been with me since summer 2000. I bought it once I got my first job out of college. I was still with my ex boyfriend then and living in Winona. This car came with me during my brief stint in Chicago. This was the car I was driving when I got in trouble "with the law." It's taken me back & forth to several different jobs. *Sigh* Poor car...

10 Comments:

  • It's not a good month for cars apparently. Ours still hasn't been found. Hopefully all the bad stuff will all blow over soon.

    By Blogger ab, at 4:14 PM  

  • Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your car. I hate car repair. Why can't we all just take the bus?

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 7:08 PM  

  • I'm super sorry to hear about your car. I guess it IS a really bad month for cars. (For those who don't know, mine caught fire in my work parking lot yesterday. Firefighters came, the works... It was really something.) I've posted pics on my blog now, Kiddo. At least your car looks a lot better than mine. LOL

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 7:21 PM  

  • And another thing... your VP sounds like a biotch. I totally understand forgetting your car's in the shop. It's not like it's there every day, plus you were thinking about the whole laptop shenanigans. And you have been working super hard lately and crossing your fingers for a promotion and all that jazz. I hope you don't get fired and I'm proud that you had the cajones to sock it to her. (I'm a wimp when it comes to that stuff.)

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 7:27 PM  

  • I agree, bad month for cars. Mine was crashed up when we hit a dog. Pretty major damage for a little dog. Body damage to the car, emotional damage to me! Geez, hope the job biz goes well. And def. do the drink thing...you knew I'd be with you on that one! LOL

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:02 PM  

  • dude. that sucks. I don't even rely on my car to get to work, and I would have a minor meltdown if it broke down. Perhaps purchase a moped?

    By Blogger Bob, at 10:08 PM  

  • How awful.I am not driving for awhile with all this blog circle car stuff going on...focus on good stuff...your super cute:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:22 PM  

  • Thanks for the words of encouragement! As my mother says, "this, too, shall pass..." I just wish I could let one of my multiple personalities deal with it all. Where's Sybil when you need her??

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 2:50 AM  

  • Man, that sucks. :( Why the hell should you need to be there for them to inventory a laptop that you never took? Sounds like a really inefficient way to run their business to me.

    I remember the Gear Daddies from college. I always liked "She's fucked again..."

    By Blogger Christine, at 10:40 AM  

  • Of course you would forget about your car being in the shop since you work at home & there are probably days that you never drive anywhere. That VP is a witch!

    Sorry about the car troubles. That's what led to my new car purchase a few summers ago AND to my having to get a 2nd job as a server. Cars- can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home