Kiddo78

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm still here

Lordy. What is today? Tuesday??

After my firing incident, I went on a binger with friends to just forget about it all and work on my tan. Spent Thursday-Monday with Jeff in St. Louis Park. I'm still feeling like I want to "be" with him; but I guess friends is fine too. He said he just doesn't want a relationship with anyone right now. Whateva.

Anyway - he picked me up on Thursday morning to go sell my car. I put it on Car Soup and some kid offered me $1000 for it - and it had no engine, so I took it. Then I wanted to take Jeff to lunch for carting my ass all over the metro area and we wound up at Old Chicago in Uptown. We decided to have a beer and we basically didn't quit drinking until late Sunday night...yeah, that's healthy.

Spent all of Friday and Saturday, then Sunday afternoon, at his apartment complex pool and in "The Hamptons" with Jeff and his roommate, Shawna. They've made their patio into quite the little Martha Stewart-like abode with lots of summer pillows and cushions and flowers, so Jeff decided they should call it "The Hamptons" instead of the patio and it works quite well.

Since I'm a Kennedy and all, I fought for calling it Hyannisport for a while, but The Hamptons just stuck. That's fine b/c Kennedys are a nice fit for The Hamptons too.

It was an appropriate way to forget about all this shit in my life for a while. It's good to have friends.

Yesterday, Mandy took me to my Mom's house in Lake City to pick up the extra family car so I have something to drive for a while. It's my Grandma's, but she's blind, so it just kinda sits around...my Mom drives it in the winter sometimes I think.

It's a maroon 1990 Cadillac DeVille. Yeah, I'm ghetto. The keychain says "Just for Grandpa." I'm not kidding....

8 Comments:

  • Hey, there's nothing wrong with a four door "luxury" car even if it's ghetto (does it have the gold package?).

    Sometimes disappearing for a couple of days to clear your head is a good thing (even if a drink or 80 is involved), if you can get away with it. Chin up : )

    By Blogger potusol, at 1:20 PM  

  • 'I'm still here' is the perfect showtune for your current and very temporary situation! I highly recommend listening to all the lyrics (preferably as sung by Elaine Stritch or Shirley Maclaine) immediately.

    Money line: "I got through all of last year, and I'm here!"

    By Blogger PJS, at 2:15 PM  

  • Ghetto-fabulous is more like it. I'm glad to hear you're getting through this ok.

    By Blogger ab, at 2:40 PM  

  • Wait, so you're saying that drinking from Thurs afternoon straight on thru to Sunday night isn't healthy? Well crap. I sure would've liked to have gotten THAT memo.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:54 PM  

  • I believe it *is* the gold option. It has some fancy stuff for being 15 yrs old!

    PJS: That's the exact song I was thinking of while typing! Maybe I'll watch "Postcards From the Edge" later...then take the Caddie for a spin.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 3:59 PM  

  • The keychain cracks me up! It sounds like you have a good attitute about everything. Lots of employers would be lucky to have you!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 6:02 PM  

  • Wow, it looks like you are a graduate of the WalkTrotCanter School of Stress Management (WTCSSM U...GO MARTINIS!!!)! A++++! And now you are the clear thinking career-searching guy. Good work! Luv the car...and the friends. Chin up little camper!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:32 PM  

  • The getting drunk fest that always follows a good firing almost makes it worth it. I for one have had the drunken post-firing weekend and I still have very fond memories of it.

    I'm sure you'll find a job soon. You're like teflon or whatever it is they say.

    By Blogger dan, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home