Kiddo78

Friday, July 29, 2005

My Baby Takes the Morning Train...

Okay, in my case, it's really the bus, but the awesome song demands 'train' for a lyric, so there ya go. Anyway, I've seen the same cute lil' guy on the bus several times now. He was on again this morning and immediately that song came to my head. He's a short little thing, but oh, so cute. Probably about 23-25. Just a cute little business boy. I think he works at Target headquarters...their building is not far from mine. *And* he let an older lady have his seat today, so I thought that was very nice and classy of him. I hate when kids/younger people don't let old ladies & pregnant women sit down.

That reminds me of my days interning in downtown Chicago. I took the Metra train in to the city from the south 'burbs every morning and usually saw this hot business man every day. I hated that job, so believe me, this was the highlite of my day. He was probably 35-40 and I use to hum that song as I walked 20 minutes to my building on North Michigan Ave. Pretty sad when a 23 yr old is thinking of ways to break apart a family b/c he saw a DILF...

I should find a CD that has that song (Sheena Easton) on it...or join the new millenium and get an I-Pod or MP3.


Sheena Easton - Morning Train

There's been a drum line outside all day. I can't believe how loud they are. It's loud in my office and I'm on the 19th floor...but I like drum lines, so I've been be-bopping at my computer to their rhythms. Do you think the black girls doing their stomping would mind if I joined in??



My client wants to hire one of my candidates, but the candidate suddenly told me that he has another offer and needs the weekend to think about it. Yesterday he was all gung-ho about taking my client's offer. I don't know why I'm so upset about it - candidates play these games all the time; I should be use to it...

Well, folks - here's hoping you have a splendid weekend. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Probably hang out at Jeff's pool tomorrow, though. Summer is quickly slipping away...(sigh)...

5 Comments:

  • I'm so confused as to why there is a drumline outside of your window. Is that strange to anyone else? Is there an all day parade?

    Happy weekend to ya!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 4:38 PM  

  • I so love how you watch people...and better yet put SONGS to the whole scene! Perfection!
    Happy weekend...make sure you stay hydrated by that pool.

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 8:33 PM  

  • Katie - they weren't outside my window - I'm on the 19th floor! They were at street level on the sidewalk area of the retail/restaurant area of downtown Minneapolis....just performing for kicks, I think...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 4:55 AM  

  • I was out to eat on Saturday night in a bar district in Kansas City. We were sitting outside and a gal walked by with a Winona State shirt on. I totally thought of you!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:57 AM  

  • That makes going to work fun- at least the ride to work fun.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home