Kiddo78

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Well, I'm no Rocket Scientist, but...



Location: Somewhere deep in space

Time: Wednesday morning, August 3, 2005

Who: U.S. Astronauts aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery

What: Getting rid of some material that's sticking out of the underbelly of the shuttle

How: (from Reuters news) using a hacksaw put together in orbit with a deliberately bent blade, plastic ties, Velcro and the handyman's favorite all-purpose fix-it: duct tape.

That's right, folks. You read it correctly. They are fixing a fucking *space shuttle* using a bent plastic fork, velcro from my old Kangaroo shoes and goddamn DUCT TAPE.

NASA is clearly either consulting with Jeff Foxworthy or MacGyver and I, for one, am proud.

Anyway, I wish the astronauts luck and a safe return to Earth, where they can take 7th grade shop again...

3 Comments:

  • I didn't read that one...good gravy, can you imagine what went on when the astronauts had their get-together about who was going to do the *repair*? "Ok, I think you should go b/c let's face it, you look MUCH better on NASACAM than I...really! Or, "I think I over-indulged in the NASA-Martinis last night...I'm just going to grab some greasy food here in the kitchen while you handle the little crisis..." I am so afraid of heights there is no way I'd be up there with broken tiles!

    By Blogger walktrotcanter, at 9:52 PM  

  • Nothing like a good ol' MN boy like MacGyver to figure out how to fix the shuttle.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 11:31 PM  

  • Believe it or not, it's not the first time that duct tape saved a space mission. The crew of Apollo 13 needed it when they had to improvise a new way to connect air filters to the ship, and would have suffocated without it. So now you know.

    By Blogger Apartment 604, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home