Kiddo78

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Getting my money's worth

I've been watching HBO & Showtime series like a hawk lately. And thank god, because I pay an arm & a leg for cable/Internet every month. I don't dare even tell my mother how much for fear of hearing, "and you always say how broke you are?! Well, no wonder!!"

ANYWAAAY...Here's my favorite shows (some I've already mentioned):

HBO


Entourage

Follows the life and adventures of a Hollywood movie star, Vincent Chase, and his friends. Well, Kevin Dillon plays his brother, but he's part of the gang too (and where the hell did Kevin Dillon appear from? I haven't seen him since the Reagan administration). I love Debi Mazar, who plays Shauna the publicist, so that's part of the thrill. Plus, I think Jeremy Piven is funny as hell - and cute. He plays Ari, Vince's asshole agent/Hollywood executive trash.


Debi Mazar is cool - she looks like Lauren Bacall in this picture...


Jeremy Piven

*******************************



The Comeback

Valerie Cherish (Lisa Kudrow) is a former TV Guide cover girl and one-time People's Choice winner (for a show called I'm It!), Valerie has spent a decade out of the spotlight. Now 40ish, she is desperate to re-launch her career-so desperate that she's agreed to let a reality show chronicle her every move as she attempts to land a part on a "sexy" new network sitcom.



Valerie with her hot co-star (on the show), Chris

*******************************************

SHOWTIME



I've already talked about this show with Mary-Louis Parker. You need to get Showtime. I love it.

Also of note, Queer as Folk recently ended, which I already talked about too!


For those of you who don't get HBO or Showtime, watch "The D-List," Kathy Griffin's reality show on BRAVO. She a funny lady.

6 Comments:

  • i wish i could watch the comeback :(

    By Blogger Brechi, at 9:15 PM  

  • Jeremy Piven = super cute. I don't see any of these shows, I'm going to have to wait for the dvds I guess.

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:01 AM  

  • Lisa Kudrow looks spooky in those pics.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:58 AM  

  • I agree, Jeremy Piven is hot.

    I don't have HBO or Showtime (gasp!) but I have seen The Comeback at a friend's place and think it's genius. GENIUS!

    -P

    By Blogger PJS, at 10:15 AM  

  • I adore Mary Louise Parker, I am so sad that we got rid of our showtime, I really want to see this show!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 12:57 PM  

  • I'm stuck on all the hot guy shows on FX (Nip Tuck, Rescue Me, The Shield). I can't imagine how much less I would get done if I had Showtime and HBO.

    By Blogger potusol, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home