Kiddo78

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"I'm a Crispy Critter....How do ya do??"


Spent Saturday afternoon and early evening laying by the pool at Jeff's apartment building...and didn't wear sunscreen. Jeff had some "after tan" lotion to use once you're finished laying in the sun, but otherwise only baby oil. So, my face is a big potato chip right now. Seriously, my cheeks and chin are so dry I can barely move my face/mouth. And the area that wants to start peeling looks like potato chip. Gross, huh?? Thank god I was wearing a bandana most of the time, so my forehead and scalp didn't get fried like a cookie (I shaved my head this weekend too, hence the sensitive scalp).

I'm in pain. And whomever said that aloe soothes a sunburn was f'ing crazy b/c it makes my burn sting like a mo'fo.

Sunburns suck.

I love it in A River Runs Through It when Jessie's brother, Neal, and Ol' Rawhide (Susan Traylor) fall asleep in the sun. Then Paul (Brad Pitt) says to Ol' Rawhide: "Looks like you got quite a burn there."
She turns to him & says, "Sun don't bother me..." and as she does you see the bright red of her shoulder. Youch!!!


Sun don't bother me...

PS// my post's title are the lyrics to an old commercial for kids' cereal. The cartoon character was a circus ringmaster, I believe...

3 Comments:

  • I once got such a bad sunburn on the beach in CA (in 2002) that my face swelled up like a Simpsons character. I was deformed for 2 weeks and refused to see the guy I was dating the entire time. By the time I felt sufficiently presentable to see him, he had dumped me and moved on.

    So NO MORE SUNBURNS FOR ME.

    By Blogger PJS, at 8:26 AM  

  • that is horrible, my skin gets so burned all the time, I have just kind of gotten used to it.

    I love the movie A River Runs Through It, one of my all time faves!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 4:22 PM  

  • Yowsers! I hurt just thinking about it. I'm a pasty white girl so I always burn and then get that icky flaky skin that makes me look like I have dandruff.

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home