Kiddo78

Friday, September 02, 2005

It's Here!

I'm counting my blessings that my home and belongings aren't devasted like the poor people in the Gulf States...I gave money to the American Red Cross today. You can too. It's kind of cool -- through Amazon.com, but goes to the Red Cross and you can see the total people have donated through Amazon.



Happy Labor Day Weekend, Y'all!!

Life isn't too bad lately. Sure, I've been oh, so busy at work (like you care) lately and haven't had much time to read blogs, but hey -- it's the Friday before a long weekend and I got paid yesterday and my boss told me to leave early today!! Last Friday I had 2 hires, so he threw me a $20 bill at 5:00 and told me to go have happy hour on him -- now that's what I call a good Friday!!

I think I'll go out tonight and try to get to my Mom's at a decent time tomorrow. My sister will be there with her husband and my niece for some boating action. You see, my Mom lives in a town called Lake City, MN. It's on a very wide part of the Mississippi River, so wide, in fact, they call the river Lake Pepin in that area. Confusing, I know, but a lake nonetheless - a lake that's 20 miles long and about a mile wide. Waterskiing was invented on this lake in the 1920s (seriously). Anyway, my sister and her husband keep their boat at my Mom's, so we'll be tooling around on that all day Saturday and Sunday. We park the boat at a sandbar, have a few cold beers and lay out. It's very relaxing. I love Labor Day Weekend!

Enjoy yours!!


A view of Lake Pepin


Another view

5 Comments:

  • four words... "Can I come too?"

    Have fun this weekend!

    By Blogger Matt S., at 4:37 PM  

  • Have a great time on the boat this weekend - that sounds like a lot of fun. I know what you mean about counting blessings - we just shuffled our budget around to put more under the charity heading. It's all too horrible to even comprehend.

    By Blogger Christine, at 4:46 PM  

  • Beautiful! I hope you're having fun!

    By Blogger Twinkie, at 8:21 PM  

  • i finally posted my "Seven things" enjoy :-)

    By Blogger jd, at 10:41 PM  

  • Purdy lake. I hope you had a good weekend!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home