Kiddo78

Friday, January 28, 2005

Roxy Marquis - The Blonde Bad-ass of Minneapolis

In my 101 comments, I mentioned that my favorite drag queen is Roxy Marquis - she's probably the most well-known in Minneapolis. I've said hi to her a couple times, but I actually feel like she really *is* Madonna when I'm at the Gay '90s drag shows (they're page is under construction, I think), so I'm too star-struck to talk much! Anyway, even my straight guy friends are amazed when they've seen her perform. She's cool shit.

As Madonna:


Workin' 9 to 5 as Dolly Parton:

6 Comments:

  • Is the 2nd floor open again? I won't go back unless it is. The night I went there & there was only the main level open it SUCKED.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:22 PM  

  • Oh yeah - the 2nd level has been open again for quite a while...We'll go (in your tiara and my crown) some evening. Screw the ppl who can't see the show b/c of our royal head attire...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 10:31 PM  

  • I'm so there.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 6:49 PM  

  • actually, Roxy is just a plain ass as are all of the queens in that show lounge...they are a bunch of old washed up drag queens, and if you get close enough when they are on stage, you can actually see thier make up cracking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 AM  

  • Some people are so bitter? They are washed up queens? Nina's gonna kick ass at Ms Gay USOFA next month......as she recently did to win Ms Sin City USA....Roxy has placed in the top 10 at nats several times....if they are washed up...where are the good queens at? I've been around for a LONG time and as a group, the queens at the 90's are amazing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • If any reason to visit your city it would be to see Roxy Marquis. She has consistently represented your state well at the Miss U S of A Pageant in Dallas. Personally, I think they have stolen the US of A title from her. As for those who wrote bad comments, not worth taking my time to respond. Beto, a fan from Laredo, TX.

    By Blogger Beto, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home