Kiddo78

Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm starting to come back....

Okay - I guess my situation isn't that destitute. In fact, I think it will improve my life. You see, I am currently in the running for a lot of new jobs and have already been told by one company that I'll be getting an offer on Monday. At each interview, I make it a point to say that I need an autonomous environment where micro-management does not exist. In response, I've been told by several that they want to let their people do what works for them to be productive - now this is a healthy environment...The job that will be offered to me on Monday allows the flexibilty to work from home or go to the office (in a far away from me suburb, Woodbury)...would be working remotely w/ a team on the west coast who are recruiting for a healthcare company. Some travel to San Fran is most-likely required and reward trips to Napa Valley are common (of which, the Minnesota recruiters also attend). I think I like the sound of this gig....EXCEPT the base pay is much lower than I'm used to, so am trying to negotiate that. I also have a few other options in the works, one of which is downtown Minneapolis and a young, hip environment, which I'd like immensely. SO...things are looking up. I still need to quit procrastinating and finish my unemployment paperwork, though, so I can get some money to make up for the probably 2 weeks of not earning anything. I'm happy that I'm out of that Nazi regime of the old company and the stupid, evil, geek boss. I now hate all geeks for a while until my hatred for him subsides....

My survey says:
I am nerdier than 3% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

3 Comments:

  • The old saying holds true that everything happens for a reason. Congrats!

    By Blogger The Unprocessed Project, at 9:45 AM  

  • Don't you have to wait two weeks before you can collect unemployment anyway? I always thought that was the case. I got denied unemployment once. It sucked.

    By Blogger dan, at 11:27 AM  

  • I think that's right about unemployment but not sure. Good luck with the job offers!

    And you must really hate the nerds with that score. Ouch. I scored an 11. So I'm not a hater, not a nerd, but not exactly cool either.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home