Kiddo78

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Brett Favre and Olivia Newton John go well together

Okay, I’ve been super-busy at work this week…but I just thought of something kinda funny from Sunday that I should’ve posted on Monday. Oh well. So, I went to a “special” bar called The Bolt with two friends on Sunday evening for showtunes/beer bust. Every Sunday, they play scenes from campy movies, musicals, TV shows, etc. on all the TV screens (with all you can drink beer for $8). Quite entertaining. Anyway, *this* particular Sunday, one TV did not have the showtunes on…”what was on the one lone TV in the corner”, you ask?? Where else but a gay bar on showtunes night do you see Olivia Newton John (Xanadu) on one TV screen and a Vikings/Packers game on the other…?? Craziness. Not that I mind getting a glimpse here & there of hot Brett Favre. Also, where else but a “special” bar would you walk in, only to find every single person singing in unison to “Nine to Five” by Dolly Parton?? Yes, we’re a musical people. That movie rules. Dolly always plays the brassy little blonde…because, hey – that’s what she is! I also like that drunk lady who says, “Atta girl…” all the time. I want to work with her. Hot Babe is *so* going to turn in to that lady if she doesn’t get to wear a tiara at work.


2 Comments:

  • Crap that made me laugh out loud! Only because its sadly so true. In my husky alcohol soaked voice, "atta girl!"

    I was in Milwaukee a couple fall's ago when the Twin were in the playoffs. My friend Chelps is a big MN sports fan, but he didn't want to hang at a breeders bar just so I could see the game. So we went to a gay bar instead. They had "Sister Act 2" on all the TVs. I looked at Chelps, and Chelps looked at me. He knew the bartender from gay tennis (small world?), so he asked if they'd turn one of the TVs to the game. The bartender reluctantly said yes, "but we're keeping sound up on 'Sister Act 2.'" Whoa there sista friend- I wasn't asking for sound, too. I knew he needed to hear the bad music from that song. I *was* curious why he seemed so annoyed about seeing cute boys running around in tight pants next to what must have been his favorite movie (based on his affinity for it).

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:04 PM  

  • Sister Act 2?? Seriously. I'd rather listen to a boring, boring baseball game. God, they're boring. However, it is fun to go to games, drink beer and people watch.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home