Monday, January 03, 2005

Welcoming 2005

Yeah, pretty uneventful New Year's. Probably the best thing to happen was that I had Friday off, so was finally able to go out on a Thursday and not worry about having to wake up (or not wake up) the next morning. Began the evening having a few Capt.Cokes and watching Boogie Nights w/ a couple friends. I love Mark Wahlberg. Then we went to 19 Bar. All I know is that I wound up breaking one of my favorite ornaments that I set out instead of hanging on the tree. Damn Capt. Cokes and beer & consuming too much of both...Why don't I ever heed Sandy Dennis' advice from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and "never mix, never worry!"

Spent Friday...not really sure. I know I was up for a while and went back to bed...Woke up at 9:00 p.m. By that time, some of my plans had fallen through b/c people thought I had decided not to do anything, it was so late. Now that's healthy...sleeping ALL MORNING, AFTERNOON and EVENING. Great. So, I went to Porter's w/ friend Bill - he was invited to their private party b/c he and his friends have been regulars for a few years. Porters is the gayest little straight dive bar on Nicollet Ave. Big group of queer regulars there. They had some sort of casino thing going on and I kind of learned how to play poker...I couldn't tell you which version we were even playing. I lost thousands of free Porter dollars...and we didn't even get there until 11:15.

Midnight came and I was reminded of the night 11 years before when I was falling face first into a bathtub water spout. This was the first midnight in *years* that I wasn't pleasantly buzzed/warm during the first moments of the new year. That, of course, changed as the night progressed at an after-party, where I was served a seemingly bottomless cup of vodka/Squirt. We wound up playing some card game called Tens -- and I wound up sitting there in my boxers. I was just glad that I wore the "cute" ones...

Saturday was spent recovering during the afternoon. Then Bill and I watched the entire first season of Sex and the City on DVR. Of course, we had a few beers while watching that since it was Saturday night and, well, that show just calls for drinking. We went to last call at the 19 Bar, and I was too tired to do anything after that.

FINALLY, Sunday was spent de-Christmasing my apartment. Now I feel like I want to re-arrange my living room...I don't know if I have the strength.


  • I’m so relieved to hear you slept so long. I felt odd for sleeping until 4pm on Sat. I should’ve gone out with you. But then I probably just would’ve been sitting in my undies- and that’s not a sight for public consumption.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 5:19 PM  

  • I'm glad there were no more run-ins with faucets.
    I'm glad you had a great night and weekend!

    By Blogger lynne, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home