Kiddo78

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

An update

I only have a few minutes, but wanted to post something today since I didn't yesterday!

Christmas at the Compound was good. Xmas Eve dinner w/ my Dad's parents in Red Wing - thank god none of my weird cousins were there. Although, I'd welcome the chance to meet the volleyball player, Christopher. He's my second-cousin - is it wrong to find him hot?? Oh well. I've never met him, so we may as well not even be related.

Christmas Day at my Mother's in Lake City. In attendance were my Mom, myself, brothers Judge & Rob, sisters Kris (with husband Mike), Marylee (husband Dan), Melissa (husband Curt). Nieces Liz, Sierra, Katy, Megan, Molly, Jillaine. Nephew Michael. And my Grandma. So, it was chaotic like usual. Not in attendance were brother Rich since he lives in San Fran, nor his three boys, since we haven't seen them since 1992. Also, my sister Becky wasn't there b/c she refuses to come - dysfunction junction. Her daughter Cassie did come the next day, but nephew Tyler didn't want to.

The only drama was with one of my sisters the next day. She was mad that we didn't greet her at the door when she came back, so she took her bottle of wine and left. No joke.

My friend Meg is coming to Mpls tonight on her way back to Brooklyn - she spent Xmas back home in Wisconsin and flies out of Mpls tomorrow morning. I used to date her cousin Josh and he'll be with her tonight...should be interesting. I've seen him once since we stopped dating. We dated for a few months summer '03.

Tomorrow night I have a date!!! Yay!! I'm excited. This means I have to go shopping tomorrow over lunch...If I don't find any black/charcoal pin-stripe pants that fit me, I'm going to hurt someone. If you hear of a rampage at Burnsville Center - I probably had something to do with it...

4 Comments:

  • Wow, drama. She took her bottle of wine & left? OK.

    And you *have* to have black or charcoal pinstripe pants for the date? Nothing else will do? I have a feeling that you have an abundance of pants in you closet. But that's just a good guess. Wasn't there a month that you went without repeating an ensemle?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 6:16 PM  

  • Oh, HotBabe, can't you just let me over-indulge my shopping needs instead of being realistic? Yes, I have a couple other pairs of pants that would suffice, but I really do want some pin-stripe ones too, so now is a good time to get them. Sales *and* a date...

    Lynne - I want to come to your Xmas next year! Or at least get the recipe for your punch and secretly get my family loaded. Wait - they already are...But the punch would be a welcomed change from brandy slush; even though I still heart brandy slush...and Tom & Jerrys.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 10:35 AM  

  • You're right. I shouldn't begrudge you new pants just because I refuse to buy anymore at my current size. you should be back from lunch by now...So did you find any?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 1:27 PM  

  • The same Christmas punch that had an entire bottle of gin and some other stuff. The same Christmas punch that only me, my husband, and my sister drank so we were tanked by the end of the night

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home