Kiddo78

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Take a breath, Barbara!

The music intercom at work is playing all X-mas music today - usually they don't turn it on. I'm not sure what the occassion is, but maybe they turned it on today b/c some of the ladies are going to go buy gifts for the needy at Target and wrap them here later on...I would help, but I have to leave at 1:00. Am returning to my alma-mater, Winona State, with friend Jocelyn to talk to their student chapter of Int'l Assoc of Biz Communicators (IABC). I was the president my junior year. They asked us to come talk to them about finding PR jobs...even though I don't work in PR anymore. But, whatevah...

ANYAY, that really fast version of Jingle Bells by Barbara Streisand just played. I remember that song from being little and getting out of breath just listening to her. Now that is some fast singin'. It's like Jingle Bells for crack addicts.

7 Comments:

  • What I love is that I can sing that whole song in my head without even hearing it. Its burned on my brain.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:25 PM  

  • ...they got upsot. Up-SOT?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 3:30 PM  

  • Last Christmas I saw two drag queens - one as Barbra, one as Judy Garland - and they did a duet of "Forget your Troubles/Happy Days." During the song, Barbra poured out a plate of "cocaine" and snorted it while Judy laid on the floor popping handfuls of pills. Immediately, the music cut to Babs’s "Jingle Bells." Very funny, if obvious.

    By Blogger Bob, at 10:41 PM  

  • That is the funniest thing ever.I put it on for Michael a few weeks ago and he will not let me turn it off.He runs around the room jumping off the couch and laughing hysterically.It has caused him to be hyperactive for the following 20 minutes after each play...If I didin't love it so much I would ban it.A day or two ago.....IthoughtI'dtakearide.I love it.I also like the ultra cheesy track from the same CD... the best gift I ever go was a tiny...newborn.....chhhiiillld. So sweet Barbra.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:45 AM  

  • Your workplace sounds so festive. We are not much in the holiday spirit here. I think that the most I will do is change my desktop background to a roaring fire. Yeah.

    By Blogger Christine, at 9:58 AM  

  • I'll have to recommend that performance to the Gay '90s here in Minneapolis - they have big drag shows there Weds-Sun nights. That would be funny!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 4:30 PM  

  • Best version of Jingle Bells ever. I'm not a big babs fan, but she did that song proud.

    By Blogger dan, at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home