Kiddo78

Friday, November 19, 2004

This ain't my first time at the rodeo...



Mommie Dearest was on HBO tonight. I love that movie, however campy & over-the-top/controversial it may be. Besides the obvious "No wire hangers", my favorite line has got to be after Christina gets caught making out and Joan Crawford pulls her out of Chadwick. Joan, in the car and obviously distraught, tries to take a drink from an empty flask:

Christina: There's a liquor store up on your right

Joan: I should have known...You know where to find the boys *and* the booze.

LOVE IT

Oh, and when Joan says, "Why can't you treat me with the dignity & respect I'd deserve from anybody on the street?!"

Christina: Because...I'm....not...one....of...your...FANS!!!!"

And who could forget the Pepsi board meeting? They try to kick her off and she says, "Don't F*CK with me, fellas!! This ain't my first time at the rodeo..."

God, I love that movie.

4 Comments:

  • I always seem to end up watching that movie everytime its on even though I would never plan to sit down & watch it. One of my favorite parts is right after Christina yells "I'm not one of you fans" & Joan starts choking her. Its great. The reporter that was there to do a story on the great Joan Crawford comes running in to stop Joan. OMG- it doesn't get any better.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 9:52 AM  

  • Yes, Lynne - it's a must see! The reporter is Barbara Bennett from Redbook. The maid, Carol Ann, tries to pull Joan off of Christina and Joan knocks her down too! She was one tough cookie...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 11:10 AM  

  • Tina! Fetch me the ax!

    By Blogger Bob, at 9:33 AM  

  • I think Joan Crawford is a truly classic Hollywood actress you’ll never forget.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home