Kiddo78

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Doodling is not a Bad Thing!

Dan's recent post of his cartoons made me think of myself. Ever since I can remember, I draw all over everything - well, only in situations like the classroom and in meetings. I've recently realized that my whole life, teachers/bosses/co-workers, etc., have thought that I'm daydreaming and not listening because my face is always pointed at my paper, intently doodling an eyeball or a house or something equally boring. Anyway, I have been listening the whole time! How else would I have gotten good grades in school?? So, the other day my boss made me take notes on one of his endless whiteboard graph-type-things because he thought I wasn't paying attention. In fact he said, "since you're just coloring anyway..." That pisses me off. So, to my three readers: if you're ever a teacher or a boss, the person who doodles all over homework and notes may really be drawing and listening to you at the same time. Don't accuse him of coloring in front of classmates/colleagues!!! Okay, I feel better. Now I need to go draw a random person on my wall...

4 Comments:

  • I am *so* going to use that next time...Thanks!

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 10:16 AM  

  • Will you take a picture of the look on his face after you do? I'd love to see that.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:47 AM  

  • And scan your pink slip, too. That will be hilarious.

    Everyone at my work does that to me, too. I always bring multiple pens and markers to meetings to foster my doodling creativity, and I always come out of meetings with some sick robot creature drawing or something. And people won't borrow me notes anymore because I always return them covered in scribbles and marker stains. Oh well.

    By Blogger dan, at 2:04 PM  

  • I can't believe you actually take markers to meetings! Too funny -- I wonder what the boss would say if I did that. Maybe I should steal some of his whiteboard markers in our staffing meeting on Monday...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home