Kiddo78

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Mix 104.1 - gets me thru the day

I know most "hip" Twin Citiesans hate Mix 104.1 (The '80s Station), but I must say that several times a day it brings me joy. Right now, Cyndi Lauper is singing "All Through the Night" and me likes it. Also, I hear my other guilty pleasures like Journey, REO, 99 Red Balloons, etc.

It just wouldn't be one of my posts if I didn't say something negative. So here goes: they play PRINCE like every five songs. Prince bugs me. He's small and he smells (a friend of a friend met him at a party). Speaking of, he just came on...UGH. I'm switching to Drive 105...

4 Comments:

  • Eeeeek! The best thing about the 80's was Prince! Sure, 90's Prince sucks ass, but don't you go bad-mouthing 80's Prince! Without my raspberry berrets and little red corvettes, I don't think the 80's would have been the same.

    I hate prince now. But back then we were bestest friends.

    By Blogger dan, at 5:17 PM  

  • Hmmm...nope - just can't bring myself to like it. Agree to disagree, I guess!! The '80s to me was The Bangles, Motley Crue, Poison, The Go Gos, Duran Duran, The Cars, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Heart, etc., etc.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 6:00 PM  

  • Its un-Minnesotan to dislike 80s Prince. I think I know the Purple Rain album by heart. Its just so good.

    And I loved Poison. CC was always my favorite. I came close to finally seeing him live in of all places Faribault, MN. But when we got to Spike's Bar there was a hand written sign on the door saying he wouldn't be performing that night due to illness. So apparently I was not destined to ever have CC- oops, I mean meet.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 6:32 PM  

  • Kids pass a fork in the road venturing off to heavy metal land or R&B country.Our paths went different ways I guess.While you were playing air guitar and pouring sugar on you,I was doin the humpty hump.Lukily I moved on rather quickly.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home