Kiddo78

Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm Going to Betty Ford

What a crazy weekend I had...two co-workers and I left work at 4:00 on Friday for happy hour. That turned into a few hours, of course. Wound up at my bro's playing Trivial Pursuit and drinking pretty late. Gave co-worker ride home, though, at about 7:00 am. Then on Saturday a college friend got to my apartment at 10:00 (thank god I had just woken back up) to go see Winona State beat the hell out of Concordia (well, they didn't win by that much) at the Metrodome. We went to the tailgate first and were obliterated by half-time. We were just casually drinking and all of a sudden both of us looked at each other in amazement and realized that we were really drunk. Thankfully I had already seen my old WSU co-workers, so I can be pretty sure they aren't all at the water cooler today saying what a soak I am. After the game we pretended to be married (this was a favorite pasttime of ours in college) and met the nicest old couple also leaving the game. They said they met playing ping-pong at the dorms in 1940. So Jocelyn and I said we met at the dorms playing pool in 1996. We're going to hell. So, we trekked over to Grandma's to eat & consume tons of water. By this time I felt a little better, but didn't know how I was going to manage to still attend two birthday events that night. So, Jocelyn's real husband picked us up at some gas station (we had to sit on the curb like two punk teenagers waiting for him) and he gave me a ride home. By this time, I felt 50% better and not soaked in beer. I met my brother and friends at Elsie's Bowling/Karaoke Center (?) where they were all bowling and I just watched and joked w/ his friends (I don't bowl - sprang my ass bowling in college, seriously...then resprained it one day when I had a big sneeze while typing a paper in the lab. Thank god I was alone in there). ANYWAY...I stayed there for a few hours and then had to cab it back downtown to meet friend/co-worker for her birthday. They were at a club in La Meridian, but wanted to go to the Loon. Later we went back to the club and almost got kicked out for being snotty. We kept insisting that we were Kennedys and "don't you know who I am?!?" to the bouncers, bartenders, etc. DUH. I cabbed it home and woke up on the couch yesterday still wearing my coat & shoes. NICE. Betty Ford, here I come...

2 Comments:

  • You almost got kicked out for being *snotty* at *Le Meridian*? That's tough since they're all a bunch o' snotty bitches there. I'm impressed. And did you really keep telling them you were Kennedy's? OMG- I so totally need to make you my new BFF.

    Oh, & I say we get connecting rooms at Betty Ford. I know I'm headed there myself, & it'd be much easier to sneak in the booze if I had a partner in crime with a room connected to mine. Just thinking ahead to when I fall off the wagon afer I'm on the wagon. A girl's got to be prepared.

    By Blogger hot babe, at 10:21 AM  

  • Yes, I'm actually kinda notorious among friends as being obsessed with the Kennedys and claiming to be one at random bars. I could SO be a Kennedy - except I would be hanging out with Jackie while the others are playing touch football out on the lawn in Hyannis...

    Lynne, I bet you felt a lot better than I did yesterday! I ruined a date b/c I just didn't feel that great. Pretty sure I won't hear from him again...

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home