Kiddo78

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Miss M is kinda Devine

I was impressed with Bette's show on Sunday night. Had pretty decent seats, but still had to rely on the big screens to see what exactly was going on. She does a lot more than sing songs from Beaches, which was a relief. She does tell some funny stories too. I'd say very entertaining overall. She's pretty good. I can't think of anything specific to talk about, but she did seem to know Minneapolis lore. She talked about Edina cake eaters and mullets from Anoka. Also, Saint Jewish Park, which I don't think I'd ever heard before. She'd be fun to hang out with.

6 Comments:

  • Bette does seem like she'd be fun to hang out with. I love her movies and I actually really liked her album with From a Distance on it. Not that song so much as some of the others. It was my dad's CD and I haven't heard it in about 14 years. I used to listen to it while playing Super Mario Bros. I liked Bette's music better than the game music. I don't know how much of a compliment that is though.

    By Blogger Christine, at 5:09 PM  

  • I would love to be her friend. I know we'd have the best time getting sloshed & talking mean about every one. But I know it would annoy me when we'd go to karoake bars & she's have to always steal the show. Share the spotlight for once, why don't cha?

    By Blogger hot babe, at 6:40 PM  

  • I like the thought of someone listening to Bette for inspiration on Nintendo; that is too funny! And she would be a total show hog at a karaoke bar.

    By Blogger Kiddo78, at 10:49 AM  

  • That reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Spinal Tap comes to town and makes a big deal about making reference to the main highway that runs thru town so that the whole audience will cheer out of recognition. I wonder if she's got a list of where the cake-eaters and mullets and jews live in every major city in the US. She could publish a database for statistical research purposes.

    By Blogger dan, at 4:21 PM  

  • My guilty Bette pleasure is the made for TV "Gypsy" that she starred in with Cynthia Gibb. Love it!

    Glad you had fun.

    By Blogger Bob, at 8:58 PM  

  • that was nice and i really enjoyed it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home